Cannot contact the floating license server

Ask general questions here.
wyll

Cannot contact the floating license server

Post by wyll » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Hello,

i have an issue with the newest Ranorex update to 3.3.4 (with our older 3.3.1 we did not have this issue)
- i can not reach the floating license server with a remote desktop, when starting a build in jenkins
- when i work directly the remote desktop, i dont have this issue

That is the message i recieve is
The license server 'Ranorexserver' could not be contacted. Please check your network connection and make sure the Ranorex License Server is running.

and beforehand we have 2 floating lincenses and i am the only one who works with it most of the times. So occupying the license isn't the case.

regards
Wyll

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot contact the floating license server

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Hello,

Could you please update your License Server to 3.3.4 as well (Download Archive)?

With every Ranorex Client Version a new Ranorex License Server version is released. The Ranorex License Server version always needs to be equal to or newer than the version of the Ranorex clients connecting to the server. The Ranorex License Server is fully backwards compatible, so please make sure you always have the latest Ranorex License Server version installed.

Regards,
Markus (T)

wyll

Post by wyll » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:17 pm

hello again,

yes i already did that. i have the newest ranorex license server downloaded aswell. still doesnt explain why it wont work when we let the build start with jenkins... but working with it directly works just fine...

Could there be some sort or restriction we may have overlooked?

regards
Wyll

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Wyll,

We haven't heard about such an issue before, so we could also just guess.
This could be some kind of a security/permission problem as we use TCP/UDP in order to contact the license server and it could be that, if Jenkins was started as Windows service, it has not sufficient privileges to contact the server. Did you start Jenkins as Windows service?

Regards,
Markus