Cannot find 'button' due to Ranorex progress bar pop up in right side bar of the screen

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Rajnish

Cannot find 'button' due to Ranorex progress bar pop up in right side bar of the screen

Post by Rajnish » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:34 am

Hi,

I am trying to automate a desktop application which have buttons on the right down corner of the screen, which will be hidden by the ranorex test run progress bar. Is there any way to drag or collapse the progress bar? So that the button will be visible? or is there any way to make button visible and get clicked. please help me do this.

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Cannot find 'button' due to Ranorex progress bar pop up in right side bar of the screen

Post by odklizec » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:55 am

Hi,

This is weird. As long as the element is available in UI, Ranorex should be able to find it, no matter if it's covered by another window/element. Additionally, if there should be performed a mouse click, progress dialog should automatically move out of the element's rectangle. At least it works for me that way?

Could you please share a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the element, along with its xpath? Also, exact error, as shown in report, would be nice too. Thanks.

As for moving or collapsing progress dialog, as far as I know, there is no such option. But you can hide it, either from Ranorex UI (Test Suite settings) or code. See this post:
https://www.ranorex.com/forum/test-argu ... tml#p47463
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Rajnish

Re: Cannot find 'button' due to Ranorex progress bar pop up in right side bar of the screen

Post by Rajnish » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:43 am

xpath = '/form[@title>'LightWave - Inventory']/text[@caption='Lightwave - Inventory']/container[1]//button[@automationid='okButtonDialog']'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:47 am

Hi,

Please post the snapshot! What you've posted is screenshot, which is, unfortunately, useless ;) And please post also the exact error you've received while running the test. Thanks.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration