Cannot find some Java Objects

Ask general questions here.
mattmccall

Cannot find some Java Objects

Post by mattmccall » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:32 pm

We have Java/Swing app, and on the login screen when the Password Hint button is clicked a new Java Form opens and prior to Ranorex 5.x all the objects on that Form can be found and used. Now only the Form is recognized, and nothing inside of it.

Our code is trying to interact with it when run, the Form flickers until the script just dies with an error saying it cannot find the objects needed.

When I try and track the objects I can only get the Form to recognize. Trying to get the snapshot caused issues too. When I did Ctrl+Win (before I used the SCROLL key) the screen flickered for about 30s and did not accurately capture the screen shot. After the 3rd time trying I believe I got what I needed and it is attached.

This all worked pre- Ranorex 5.x

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (SP 1)
Ranorex version - 5.0.2

I also tried to use the instrumentation wizard to identify the Java I was using thinking it would help. It did not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot find some Java Objects

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Matt,

We changed the Java instrumentation with Ranorex 5. This sounds to be related to this change, may I therefore ask you if it would be possible to send us your Java application (to [email protected])?
This will help us to improve our Java instrumentation and it will also help us to find a workaround for you.

Thanks,
Markus

mattmccall

Post by mattmccall » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:01 pm

How about you just change it back ;-)

So what are you asking for? Our entire application? I am not sure that is feasible. Even if I could send it to you there are large parts you will not be able to sue because you will not be able to reach the server.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:57 am

Hi,

Our goal was to easy the instrumentation and we think this is the right way to avoid manual steps ;).

It would be great to get a Java application which allows us to reproduce the issue you are facing on our machines in order to help analyzing and fixing the issue.
It is not so important that specific parts will not work on our site, we just want to see what's is going wrong and why the elements doesn't get recognized.

Regards,
Markus

mattmccall

Post by mattmccall » Thu May 01, 2014 4:11 pm

How do you want me to send this to you?

My fear is that none of it will work, not that parts of it won't work.

Matt

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri May 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Matt,

I think it's worth a try ;). Please send it to [email protected], when it is too big please send us an email and I will send you the credentials for our FTP server.

Thanks,
Markus