Cannot identify CCheckListBox

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
erwa

Cannot identify CCheckListBox

Post by erwa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:49 am

Hi,

The product i have to test defined a CCheckbox list of CWnd library (information coming from developpers).
Using Spy to detect the element to run some action on it, it is not detected.
Spy detect the element under the list, then impossible to automate any action on the list.
I tried with Plugin option "WPF Legacy/ UIA Interaction" sset to WPFpreferred or UAIPreferred, and nothing changed.

Do i miss something ?

Thanks for your help

Eric
Attachments
FilterMenu.PNG
The listbox i want to access
FilterMenu.PNG (20.13 KiB) Viewed 607 times

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Cannot identify CCheckListBox

Post by odklizec » Tue May 02, 2017 7:43 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, you forgot to mention Ranorex version you are using. Have you tried it with the latest 7.0, with significantly improved WPF plugin? If not, please give it a try.

Also, there is not much anyone here can do or suggest without at least Ranorex snapshot (not screenshot) of the problematic element. But I guess even snapshot would not help much. A small working sample app with this check list element would be much more helpful.

The only other thing I can suggest is to try to examine the problematic element with MS Inspect tool, as discussed here:
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/how-to-ide ... tml#p17635
If Inspect is able to detect that control correctly, Ranorex should be able too. If Inspect tracks it OK and Ranorex not, it's probably something Ranorex folks should investigate. But again, a working sample app would be necessary for this. And you should definitely try it with Ranorex 7.

BTW, as it appears, the CCheckListBox is not a WPF but MFC control, which is quite old technology and may not be fully supported by Ranorex?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Stub

Post by Stub » Tue May 02, 2017 8:03 am

I believe I can happily check items in a check list box MFC control. I'm pretty sure I've done it somewhere in our AUT. There was nothing particularly special about it as I recall.

Vega

Post by Vega » Thu May 04, 2017 12:01 pm

A snapshot would help us further examine your trouble element. If needed you can learn to create one http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... pshot.html