Cannot identify storage spaces virtual disk type

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
fester13579

Cannot identify storage spaces virtual disk type

Post by fester13579 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:23 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to automate Microsoft Storage Spaces for a test.
On this screen, the best I can do is to click on 'simple' but have yet to figure out how to select 'mirror' and 'parity' for other parts of the test.

Ranorex 6/ Win 2012R2

I am stumped - Any ideas?
Spaces.jpg
Spaces X path2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

N612

Re: Cannot identify storage spaces virtual disk type

Post by N612 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:44 pm

First, try running Ranorex and the application with administrative rights and see if you get object recogniton on these elements.

If this does not work, you can try to perform a relative click on the object. Using the //container/list as a reference point, we will click at X,Y within this object (0,0 is very top left corner).

Full path to //container/list based on snapshot

Code: Select all

/form[@wpfnative='True' and @title='New Virtual Disk Wizard']/element[@automationid='Wizard']//container[@automationid='LayoutRoot']/list[@automationid='lbRedundancy']
Simply edit the 'action spot' for the mouse click action to the cordinates you want. The below example will click 25 pixels right and 100 pixels down from the top left corner of my list repository element. It may take some tweaking to get right, but should be a reliable workaround. You may run into issue with executing test on other machines though, since resolutions/DPI can vary.
2016-10-27 16_37_48-SampleSolution - Ranorex Studio (Administrator).png
Note: You can also move left/up from 0,0 by using negative coordinate (IE: -25;-100)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.