cannot move project

Ask general questions here.
idilagabeyoglu

cannot move project

Post by idilagabeyoglu » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:45 am

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to move some projects to another computer. I'm kinda a newbie in Ranorex, I followed documentation and unfortunately my transaction was not as smooth as the documentation illustrated. The old computer has licence and everything but for the new one, even though I expect to work on free-trial. When I run I get the instant error,

"The License Manager 'DESKTOP-E05M4AO' could not be contacted. Please check your network connection and make sure the Ranorex License Manager is running. "

The name of the computer is the old one. However, when I scan the project the only place where desktop name included is RanorexLicenceManager. lic and even though I removed it, I always get the same error. Please help me. Thank you
P.S: My ranorex version is 9

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: cannot move project

Post by odklizec » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:09 am

Hi,

What kind of license do you have? If floating, then you should simply install Ranorex license server on a machine, which is available 24/7 from anywhere on your network. If you are using node-locked license, you must unregister it from the old computer and install it on new one. But remember, there is 90 days transfer lock between license transfers! In other words, you cannot transfer the license on a daily basis ;)

For more details regarding license transfer, check this user guide chapter:
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... a-license/
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

idilagabeyoglu

Post by idilagabeyoglu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:46 am

Hello odklizec,
Thank you for your quick reply. I have both premium and runtime floating licence. I want to move the projects to another computer in order to use emulators. I changed device name from variables this way I manage to remove this error for mobile web testing. However,name of the Desktop does not specified anywhere in the project. I do not want to move licences truly, I just expect them to run and do what it is suppose to do even on a free trial. (I'm planning to move them if they successfully run somehow)
Furthermore I moved my projects to use emulators, but Ranorex cannot locate emulators on other computers(That's why iOS is not eligible ). And I have to delete and add again Android emulators to connect them to endpoint. However, even under those circumstances, I cannot make emulator moving.
P.S(When I move Ranorex project among same computers, it works fine without any licence or problem).

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29 am

Hi,

Have you followed (carefully), the steps from this user guide chapter...
https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... execution/

There is mentioned the need of Ranorex license, which must be included in your test. Additionally, the machine, from which you want to run your test, must have access to the machine with Ranorex license server, where you host your existing licenses. So make sure, the runtime machine is on the same network and that it has all necessary ports open.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration