{Capital} does not work after compiling the code.

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
edxxgardo

{Capital} does not work after compiling the code.

Post by edxxgardo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with the {Capital} modifier in the Key Sequence. Using the Ranorex Studio Play option, it works, it converts letters to Capital as when recorded, but after compiling the code and running the .exe, all the letters are in lowercase. I am using Ranorex 2.3.1.8466 on Windows XP and Firefox 3.6.8

I would appreciate any helps. Thanks in advance,

Ed.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: {Capital} does not work after compiling the code.

Post by Support Team » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:17 pm

I just tried to reproduce that problem with Ranorex 2.3.4, but the capital key did work just normal there. Could you post the recording or/and the code generated for it?

You can also try to remove the "{Capital}"; an upper-case letter in a key sequence will automatically be replayed as an upper-case key stroke (i.e. a key stroke with shift hold down). Actually, even if caps are locked, Ranorex will try to unlock caps when there are lower-case letters in a key sequence. To make Ranorex consider the current caps lock state, you have to use individual keyboard actions or escape every single letter in a key sequence, e.g. "A" -> "{Akey}". See the documentation for the corresponding Keyboard API method:
http://www.ranorex.com/Documentation/Ra ... ress_6.htm

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team