CEF sharp object identification issue

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
rsudhak

CEF sharp object identification issue

Post by rsudhak » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Hi All,

I have a CEF Sharp form, spy fails to identify the elements on the page by throwing the error which I have attached in the screen

Steps that was followed:
1. Added bit of code in the AUT as mentioned in https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/int ... lications/
2. Opened the AUT as admin via cmd
But still get the error as in the screenshot attached.

Things that I noticed was, Port 8081 is already used By Process id 4 - which is nothing but of type System , which I don't think can be changed then, I am not sure how do I proceed with this one.

Along with the snapshot have attached few other evidence for reference
Attachments
snapshot.rxsnp
(85.22 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
screenshots.zip
(105.64 KiB) Downloaded 2 times

Vega
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: CEF sharp object identification issue

Post by Vega » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Looking at the screenshots, you are already using port 8081 for Ranorex Agent which is what you see in the screenshot 'validateInBrowser'. Try using a different port which is unused in your initialization code for CEF.

If you cant see the contents of the CEF control in browser when you go to localhoost:port, then it is not setup properly or something else is using the port. In this case Ranorex Agent is already using 8081 so changing the port should fix your issue.

hope this helps

rsudhak

Re: CEF sharp object identification issue

Post by rsudhak » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:42 am

How will Ranorex know that the port has been changed? And not to look at port 8081, we don't specify anywhere in the settings, right?