Certification

Ask general questions here.
Ciege

Certification

Post by Ciege » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Has Ranorex made any decisions or headway into providing a certification for your user base?

Certified Ranorex Bigot would look nice on my resume! :lol:
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

artur_gadomski

Re: Certification

Post by artur_gadomski » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:58 am

Based on this forum it's most likely that you would be giving the certification rather than receiving it :lol:

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:10 am

Hi,

I definitely want to have one too. :)
Yes in the future we will setup a certificate. But I cannot tell you when this will be.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

sdaly

Post by sdaly » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:26 pm

I like this :)

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:57 pm

artur_gadomski wrote:Based on this forum it's most likely that you would be giving the certification rather than receiving it :lol:
Heh, thanks! But there is plenty more for me to learn as well!

Maybe, they'll give me a Bye and not need to take a test... Wouldn't that be nice!
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

leon

Post by leon » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi there Support guys

Any new updates on the certification/ training courses to be provided? I think I am only touching the tip of the ice-berg with my own training/learning and that there is probably much more to learn.

Regards

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:57 pm

leon wrote:Any new updates on the certification/ training courses to be provided? I think I am only touching the tip of the ice-berg with my own training/learning and that there is probably much more to lear
Online training is already there, but only on request of a customer. In the future there should be also a online platform available to attend/register to an online course. After this course there will be an examination and you will get a certificate that you have successfully complete this course. This platform and certification should be available this year, but I cannot tell you an exact date yet.

If you want to request a online training now, please contact our sales department ([email protected]).

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

sdaly

Post by sdaly » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:23 pm

Interesting :)

Will this be based around RXStudio, or will their be different version to cover the RXAPI users?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi Scott,

We don't know this exactly yet, but I think there will be a more advanced training for the API maybe in combination with VS Studio.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:09 pm

I still want an official title to put on my resume! Such as "That certified guy in the corner that runs the test." :wink:

Ciege...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm

We're proud to announce that the Ranorex Certification is available now. Find more information here:
http://www.ranorex.com/purchase/certification.html

Good luck and much fun!
Roland

Fergal
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by Fergal » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:48 am

Roland, is it necessary to know C# / Code Modules in order to get this certification? I've been learning and using Ranorex without editing any Code Modules. When working my way through the manual, I skipped all sections that required a knowledge of code, including Lesson 7. Will that cause me an issue when it comes to certification?

Thanks!

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Personally, while you can "get by" without knowing any .NET and get Ranorex to work without it, I find that there are times when you really SHOULD use code, even if you are primarily using the action table.

I almost exclusively use the Ranorex Action Table and Repository, yet I find that there are many times where I need to use some kind of logic in my test that can only be done in user code. As good as the Ranorex action set is, it still doesn't (and can't) cover every possible situation.

Besides that, knowing how .NET/C#/VB works will help you better understand how Ranorex works and why they do some of the things they do with it.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Fergal
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by Fergal » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks krstcs. I can appreciate that a knowledge of coding would be helpful, but it is it required for the certification exam?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:09 am

Hi,

for the certification exam there is no knowledge of coding necessary!

Please see the Certification FAQ "Do I have to be a developer to take the exam?" here or just check the curriculum of the certification: What is being asked. There you'll find only one bullet point in Lesson 7 - Code Modules which is "What reasons there might be for using code modules".

Again, no coding knowledge is necessary for passing the exam but it's more the understanding of reasons for switching to code and the scope of the Ranorex Recorder and all actions available via the UI.

I hope that helps. Please keep on posting questions regarding the certification in the newly create forum topic
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/ranorex-ce ... n-f26.html

With kind regards,
Roland (E), Ranorex Team