Changes in ILogger For V3 break some of my reporting code.?

Bug reports.
MikeBuckley

Changes in ILogger For V3 break some of my reporting code.?

Post by MikeBuckley » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi,

I downloaded V3.0 to have a go with my present infrastructure, but run into several issues that are related to changes in some of the references from Ranorex. The one that is getting me at the moment is the maillogger.cs file from a blog post on Ranorex a few months back. The error complains that
'UDMC.MailLogger' does not implement interface member 'Ranorex.Core.IReportLogger.LogData(Ranorex.ReportLevel, string, string, object, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary<string,string>)' (CS0535) - M:\UI1\MailLogger.cs:26,15 as well as doesn't support PreFilter Messages...

Now the fix maybe simple, but I am relatively inexperienced in this area.

I would like to also ask if there is any update document that oullines the changes from 2.3 to 3.0? I don't seem to see it available? Sure would be nice to understand this PRIOR to getting the bits....

Any assistance on the above issue is very much appreciated.

Mike

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changes in ILogger For V3 break some of my reporting code.?

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the late response! There are a few breaking changes in the IReportLogger interface, that's why you get these error messages. We have updated the blog accordingly, please, download the updated project and replace the old MailLogger.cs file with the new one contained in the project.

Additionally, we updated our documentation for all breaking changes from Ranorex 2.X to 3.X and added more information how to deal with those changes, see following site for more information:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c3338

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team