Changing repos doesn't function properly

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
Gunner1980

Changing repos doesn't function properly

Post by Gunner1980 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:14 pm

I am in the process of trying to organize and clean up some of our repositories and I have been running into a problem. I have a recording that has several lets say 10 repository items in it (I am not counting anything in the user code). I click the repository link at the top of the repository and this switches me to an embedded repository.

I then click the embedded repository link and I get a prompt saying "The repository has unsaved changes. Would you like to save?" I choose yes even though I haven't made any changes (I have tried selecting NO her as well).

I then browse to the new repository I want to use which in this case is a brand new blank repository that I just created and click open. I then get the prompt saying "Would you like to merge the related recording repository items? I select yes.

I then look at the recording and see that it has lost about half of the recording steps now say no repository item. Am I doing this right? Is this a known bug?

Additionally I would like to be able to move some of my existing repositories into new directories to do some clean up. I would like to place the repos in our test runner projects instead of our libraries, is this possible? When I move it it loses it's link and I can't seem to relink it. Let me know if I need to provide more info about this.

Thanks!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing repos doesn't function properly

Post by Support Team » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi,

If you want to structure the repository with folders, unfortunately you have to link the items manually. This will be changed in a future release of Ranorex.
When you merge two repositories, only the elements which are used in the recording will be merged. It is better to create a new repository and drag and drop the elements you want to move to the new repository.
Also user code items have to changed manually after modifications.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Support Team

Gunner1980

Post by Gunner1980 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:17 pm

That is exactly the functionality I am not seeing. I do not see all repository items from the recording copied into the new repository. I am not expecting it to copy repository items that are only used in user code (although that would be really nice) but I can't even get it to copy those items in my recording to the new repository. I end up with a bunch of unlinked repo items in my recording when I try to do this.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:26 am

Hi,

I've tried this behavior with Ranorex 2.3.1 and it works as expected.
Could you tell me which version is in use at your site?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Support Team

Gunner1980

Post by Gunner1980 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:59 pm

I wasn't aware 2.3.1 was released I'll download it and give it a try.

Also how do I download new versions without having to sign up for a trial every time?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:10 am

Hi,
Support Team wrote:Could you tell me which version is in use at your site?
Normally you get a newsletter where you can download the newest version. Also on the start page of Studio you find a link where you can download the latest version. But anyway I've sent you the download link as private message.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Support Team