Changing repository file name doesn't save properly

Bug reports.
tallahassee101

Changing repository file name doesn't save properly

Post by tallahassee101 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi,

I had to change the name of my repository because we had pulled a repository in from a former project of a different name and it has become the only repository, however does not have the same name as the project it resides in. When I made this change it seems as if it correctly updated all the recording files that referenced them, but only after I open the recording. I have about 100 recordings so this is a very tedious task and something that should be addressed.

Thank you

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changing repository file name doesn't save properly

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:31 am

Hi,

I've tried to do so by myself and all the code generation has been done without the use of opening all of the recordings by changing the repositories name.
Can you please describe again what you have done in an exactly step by step explenations?
This will make it much easier to reproduce your issue.

Regards,
Tobias
Support Team

tallahassee101

Post by tallahassee101 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

The easiest way to see this issue is with some sort of version control such as subversion, then you can easily run a "check for modifications" to see which files have actually been modified. We have all our files checked in ( including cs files ) to Tortoise SVN. After doing a name change of the repository it took a few minutes as if it were changing all the cs files, but after it finally returned control I did a diff of all the project files and noticed none of the cs files had changed. Also doing a search inside the ranorex project for the old repository name returned all the cs files which were still referencing it. When I double clicked and opened each recording I noticed that their SVN modification flag was changed ( via the SVN ranorex plugin you can see the recording file and cs file change from red to green ).

This was done on a windows 7 machine using Ranorex 3.01.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:03 pm

When you say that you changed the name of the repository, does this include you changed the class name as well or only the file name (Ranorex usually asks you if you want to change the class name, too)? If you do not change the class name, the recording *.cs files will not change, since they only use the class name of the repository, not its file name.

Could you still explain what you did step by step, please, so we can try to exactly reproduce that problem? Thanks!

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

tallahassee101

Post by tallahassee101 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:27 pm

I renamed the rxrep file and then I said Yes when ranorex prompted with the question about renaming the class file. Then I did the steps I described in my previous post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi,

This will be changed too with the new code-gen we will release with Ranorex 3.0.2.
At the moment you have to build or rebuild your solution to update the code files of the recordings, too.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team