clarity on "Instrumentaion with source code in andorid"

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
kunwar

clarity on "Instrumentaion with source code in andorid"

Post by kunwar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi,

I am doing automation testing of an android project. Here in some of the cases, i need to access the source code of my android project to do the testing. From your user guide, IN Go to > Android testing > Instrumentaion with source code ; As per my understanding from this article, we can communicate with android code by adding the jar file. I understood this part but after doing these , i am still doubtfull and having following qureies:

> How will i access the android method in ranorex now.
> How will i test those steps in ranorex studio.
> What are these RanorexAndroidAutomation.Hook() and unhook() functions doing.

Can you please share the exact steps how will i do that or It will be really appricatiable if you could share one code example how i can test andoird app by doing "Instrumentaion with source code".

Thanks
Kunwar

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: clarity on "Instrumentaion with source code in andorid"

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Hello Kunwar,

i think what you are trying to achieve is not possible. Instrumentation of android apps is done with the Ranorex Instrumentation Wizard which will add functionality to the application under test so it could communicate with Ranorex Studio and access the UI-Tree of the application.

If under certain circumstances the wizard could not do this automatically you have to do this step on your own (as described in http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... -code.html).
kunwar wrote: > How will i access the android method in ranorex now.
> How will i test those steps in ranorex studio.
> What are these RanorexAndroidAutomation.Hook() and unhook() functions doing.
The methods Hook and UnHook preparing the environment to communicate with Ranorex Studio but could not be used in any way to call your own methods defined in your application on the android device.

Regards,
Florian
Ranorex Team