Clearing data binding via Delete key doesn't commit changes

Bug reports.
atraczyk

Clearing data binding via Delete key doesn't commit changes

Post by atraczyk » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Attempting to clear a data binding via the Delete key when the edit field isn't active will clear the data but the window doesn't register the changes to the field so the Apply button won't activate (you can still click OK). If the window is then closed and reopened, the data reappears.

Workflow:
- Open up Data Bindings
- Select the value you want to delete, but don't activate the edit field (the field will just be highlighted). See screenshot databinding001.png
- Hit the Delete key on the keyboard
- Field will clear, but Apply doesn't become active

I'd suggest one of the following solutions:
1) Disable the use of the Delete key in that state (similar to how Backspace functions)
2) Have the window recognize the value has been changed and can be applied
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clearing data binding via Delete key doesn't commit changes

Post by Support Team » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Hello atraczyk,

Thank you for this information and suggestions. I actually discovered this one myself recently and I have already added it into our internal bug tracking system. I will be sure to also add your comments regarding this unexpected behavior. Currently, we do not know if and when this fix will be implemented as this depends on various factors. Nevertheless, all new features, updates, and bug fixes are documented in the release notes with every new version release of Ranorex.

Kind Regards,
Ned