Click event is unreliable and does not work in some cases

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
lila

Re: Click event is unreliable and does not work in some cases

Post by lila » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:08 am

hi,

Thanks for your reply.

If there is a mismatch in the Xpath between the test environment and development machine, how is it possible that the script got executed the very first time.

I would like to again quote my example. I have a method which creates five users and I have used that method five times continuously in my script. The first two users would successfully get created and my script will have this issue when the third user is being created. Again my script would work properly for the fourth and fifth user creation. If there is an issue with Xpath then my script should fail when the first user is being created. Please note that for all user creation my application uses the same page.

Thanks,
LiLa

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 pm

It is possible that this is a timing issue. You might add some delays or WaitFor.Exist() actions to your test.

Could you please post the actual error message you are getting?

Also, please post the XPath you are using along with a snapshot of the system under test, preferably from each system.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

iqbalhyd

Post by iqbalhyd » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:47 am

duplicate
Last edited by iqbalhyd on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

iqbalhyd

Post by iqbalhyd » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:53 am

Hi All,

I have found the root cause of this issue, this is not related to Xpath, rather it is latency in loading element on GUI.

I have added more hardware resource into the server machine and it works fine for few days, we are still monitoring this.

Cheers,
Iqbal

lila

Post by lila » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi Iqbal,

Do you mean that this issue occurs because of the slow performance of the test machine. Can you please be more clear on what additional Hardware resource you added ? So that I can give it a try too.

Thanks,
LiLa

lila

Post by lila » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi,

There is no chance of timing issue as the same test case passes on one day and the next day it fails by clicking on corner. I have added enough delays to all the functions that I use. I do not get any error message.

I am not authorized to provide the snapshot file for the system. sorry about that.

Thanks for your support.

LiLa

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi Lila,

I’d really like to analyze this issue with you. Since it is not possible to provide a snapshot file, May I ask you to get in contact with us by email? Maybe we can have a remote session? This will allow us to analyze the issue directly on your machine.

Regards,
Markus (S)

lila

Post by lila » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi Markus,

I have sent the snapshot file to email id [email protected] referring this link.

Thank you for your support

Regards,
LiLa

iqbalhyd

Post by iqbalhyd » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:35 am

Hi Lila,

We had a virtual machine shared by different application, we just had free up some RAM, CPU and hardisk for Ranorex test application which resolved the problem.

The reason for your tests working one day and failing other day is depends on the availability of hardware resources, they work fine when get enough and loads the elements on time. To pindown the issue i had done some investigation and added delay before the failing click event, it works but fail other time, so i had increased the delay, which works.

The actual issue was that the click event was triggering before the object get ready, it was due to lack of resources.

Regards,
iqbal