click() on a 64 bit platform using ranorex 7.0 libs

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
neeshpal

click() on a 64 bit platform using ranorex 7.0 libs

Post by neeshpal » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:46 pm

Hello
According to documentation https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... platforms/ "Ranorex Studio handles testing of 32/64 bit based applications on 64 bit operating systems automatically" .

Issue:
My OS - windows 10 (x64)
AUT : 32 bit
I am using Ranorex 7.0 libraries and not Ranorex studio

I was having an issue where click was showing a weird behaviour (mouse going towards the element in menu and then suddenly goes away from menu) . So we thought of implementing a workaround by sending key strokes instead of click on the element in that menu. That didn't work either.

But when I used , x64 Ranorex libs , the workaround worked . Note , the original click still don't work.

Question:
1. In this case should Ranorex have handled click automatically regardless of which (32 vs 64 bit) libraries are used?
2. how can I make the click work in this scenario (without using studio)?

Thank You

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: click() on a 64 bit platform using ranorex 7.0 libs

Post by odklizec » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:24 am

Hi,

Ranorex 7.0 is way too old and no longer supported. And I'm afraid, most people here don't have such old version installed. Which means, that there is a very little (no) hope that anyone here will be able to provide a reasonable suggestion.

I would suggest to install most recent 9.2.1 and try to reproduce your problem with this version.
If the problem is still reproducible with 9.2.1 libs, please post your exact implementation of mouse clicks.
At next, please post a Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) of the problematic element, along with the full xpath you are using in code.
And finally, have you tried it on another system?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration