Click Operation in applicatn using Remote Desktop Connection

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
kanamadiraju

Click Operation in applicatn using Remote Desktop Connection

Post by kanamadiraju » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:29 am

I developed the scripts in my local machine using Ranorex Studio V5.1.3.

I want to run the same scripts in Remote desktop machine using Ranorex Test Runner.

i did the connection of Remote Desktop using my local machine only, and Run the script.

Here my script is not doing the Click operation in application using Remote desktop connection.

- I am not using any coordinates here for clicking the particular element.
- The same script running in my local machine without any issue, Click operation is working fine.
- I checked with screen Resolution also, its the same as my local machine, but then also click operation is not working.

Could you please help me here.

Thanks,
Ningappa K

krstcs
Ranorex Guru

Re: Click Operation in applicatn using Remote Desktop Connection

Post by krstcs » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:20 pm

First, Ranorex 5.1.3 is no longer supported. You should update to a currently supported version, either 5.2.4 or (preferably) 5.3.2.

Second, please include the exact error message you are getting. Without that it is hard to tell what is actually going wrong.

Third, please include a Ranorex Snapshot of the element in question from both your system and from the remote system.

Finally, are you running the failing test locally on your system or directly on the remote system? Ranorex tests will not work if you try to run them on your system trying to work through RDP onto the remote system. The tests must be run from the remote system or they won't be able to recognize elements.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

kanamadiraju

Post by kanamadiraju » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:46 am

.Click() operation is not working when i run the Test suite using Ranorex Test suite runner. but the same scripts perform the click() operation by using the Ranorex studio.
If i run the .exe of my test suite from bin folder, it also perform click operation.

Please help me to solve the click() operation using Ranorex Test suite runner.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi kanamadiraju,

May I ask you which Ranorex version you are currently using and if it is possible to provide a snapshot of the control in question?
This helps us analyzing the problem in more detail.
Please also try to update Ranorex to our latest Version (5.4) and let me know if the problem still occurs with this version.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Markus (S)