Clicking on screen after scrolling in applet

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
priyagupta86

Clicking on screen after scrolling in applet

Post by priyagupta86 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 am

Hi,

I am trying to write a Ranorex Test case to click on an icon after scrolling the vertical scrollbar. Scrolling is happening correctly and the icon becomes visible. But instead of clicking on the coordinates returned by my applet, Ranorex tries to click on some other coordinate and the test case fails.

Ranorex Version : 4.0.3

Error :
Failed to move to location '29;609' within element '{JavaApplet:com.egain.platform.client.widget.plugin.tree.Tree}'.
The pointer cannot be moved to point '{X=34,Y=770}' since it is outside of the visible desktop.

Here 29;609 is the actual position Ranorex should have clicked. But it tries to click 34,770 I believe and hence my test case fails.

Code: Select all

adminTreePlugin.Click(coord);
Here coord value is 29;609

Attaching application screen shot. Ranorex is trying to click on the Service node icon after scrolling vertical scrollbar.

Why is Ranorex trying to click on different coordinates and how can I make it click on the correct one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Clicking on screen after scrolling in applet

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi,

I suppose that the coordinates you retrieve from the applet are not the right ones.
Please check if the coordinates are the right ones, even after you scrolled down.

Regards,
Markus