Coded UI & Ranorex

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
aztdaniel

Coded UI & Ranorex

Post by aztdaniel » Thu May 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Hello. This is my first post in these forums. I work for a company that has been using Ranorex for a few years now. We have recently begun to shift to TFS and are looking into using Test Manager with it. I read the information on the following blog and have even followed their steps using a test project in Visual Studio.

http://www.ranorex.com/blog/running-ran ... st-manager

I'm not a very experience programmer/automator. I've dabbled with both for a few years but am in now way proficient. Every time I kick off an automated test I get the following error.

Error adding test case [121] to test run: File does not exist. Could not find file \\Builds\Lasso\Lasso\Lasso_V1.3.0.39\Mixed Platforms\Release\test.dll

I have a strong feeling that this is a configuration issue. I checked and there is no such file in this directory. So my train of thought leads me to think I need to either find a way to make this file, or get test manager to stop looking for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Coded UI & Ranorex

Post by Support Team » Fri May 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Hello,

There might be several causes for your issue.

Have you deployed all necessary files to your target machine?
Would it help if you set the 'Copy Local' property for your test.dll to true?

It could also be a problem with the specified (deployment) directories since this file doesn't exist on your machine in the specified location.
Please take a look at the following post that describes a similar problem: Error during execution coded ui Test.

Regards,
Markus