Cold Fusion Grid

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
sfeldman

Cold Fusion Grid

Post by sfeldman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Ranorex identifying a cold fusion grid? Is this possible?
Stephanie F.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cold Fusion Grid

Post by Support Team » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi sfeldman,

I personally have no experiences with that kind of grids but I would suggest downloading our free trial version Free Trial to check if Ranorex can identify all the elements in that grid.

Regards,
Markus

sfeldman

Post by sfeldman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Hi Markus,

My company has purchased the Ranorex software and I've been trying to learn it since July. I like the software but this is one of the biggest problems I've been having.

Ranorex will identify the cell within the grid that I click on while I'm recording, but during playback it can't find it.
Stephanie F.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Stephanie,

Would it be possible for you to post a snapshot of your application under test as well as the XPath you are trying to use? You can find information on how to create a snapshot on this page.

You might open up Ranorex Spy and copy/paste the XPath from the repo object into the path field and see if Spy can find the object. If it can't then that might be a clue as to where to look. Spy should show you exactly which object is failing, assuming the path is valid at some point.

Also, do you know if the object in question is inside an iframe? If it is, add //iframe// to your path and see if it works then. iframes tend to cause problems with object identification if they aren't accounted for in the path.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

sfeldman

Post by sfeldman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:44 pm

I attached the snapshot.

Spy can find the object and even highlights it, so I'm not understanding why its not finding it in the playback.

I also checked if it was inside an iframe and it is not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephanie F.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Hmm...

Should have asked this earlier, but can you post the error you are getting when it fails to find the item? Is it a timeout (Ranorex failed to identify the element...) or is it something else?

Also, have you changed the timeouts on the elements?

Finally, have you tried putting the full path (no "//" or "?" element wildcards) in and seeing if that works? It might make it more specific, which should make it faster, if timing is the issue. Basically, you would need to add every single element's xpath into the path for this element. I would suggest just making a new one at the root of the /dom and doing it there. It makes it easier to identify the issue.

If that works, then you could try putting every element in it's own rooted folder all the way down to the divs in the grid.

I know it's a lot of work, but maybe you will see something that we can't see over the internet.

Good luck! :D

sfeldman

Post by sfeldman » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Error: "Failed to find item 'GuyOrderRepository.GUYLogin.Stephanie_Feldman_Test_School_10'.
No element found for path '/dom[@domain='guy.inter-state.com']/descendant-or-self::*/div[#'cfgrid1415992091691']/div/div[4]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr[13]/descendant-or-self::*/div[@innertext~'^Stephanie\ Feldman\ Test\ Sc']' within 1m."

I have tried increasing the timeout, with no luck.

What do you mean by
I would suggest just making a new one at the root of the /dom and doing it there. It makes it easier to identify the issue.
If that works, then you could try putting every element in it's own rooted folder all the way down to the divs in the grid.
?
Can you give me an example?
Stephanie F.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Sure...

It looks like you already have the object ('Stephanie_Feldman_Test_School_10') under the app folder ('GUYLogin').

I would take out all of the "descendant-or-self::*" path elements and replace them with the exact path like below. Try to make the path as specific as possible and see if it works in your test like that.

Code: Select all

GuyOrderRepository --> /dom[@domain='guy.inter-state.com']
  Stephanie_Feldman_Test_School_10 --> /body/div/table/tbody/tr/td/table/tbody/tr/td/div/form[#'searchForm']/div[#'cfgrid1415984652800']/div/div[@class='x-grid-viewport']/div[@class='x-grid-body']/table/tbody/tr[13]/td[@class='x-grid-col x-grid-td-1 x-grid-cell-12-1 ']/div/div[@innertext='Stephanie Feldman Test School 10']

If that works, then the problem is probably the path you were using.

If it doesn't work, then there may be something else going on.

sfeldman

Post by sfeldman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Thank you for your help! I did have to get very specific, but it worked! :D

Thanks again!
Stephanie F.

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Excellent! You are welcome!