Ask general questions here.
woha

command line parameters /pa: in quotes?

Post by woha » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:36 am

Having this problem and no soloution:
there is a cmd file with this snippet:

Code: Select all

@echo == Ranorex-Projekt an Agenten ausrollen ==
Ranorex-AAK-Simple-Sample.exe /agent:RanorexAgent_OUP2  /pa:AAK_Client_exe="C:\Program Files (x86)\aak\Kompakt.Client.exe" 
if %errorlevel% neq 0 exit /b %errorlevel%
Question:
How to set the global parameter with that path including blank chars correkt: C:\Program Files (x86)\aak\Kompakt.Client.exe
Within the exe the global param AAK_Client_exe is still on default value and not overwritten by this batch entry.
Playing direct on the dos box trying out some ideas, i see it one time running correct. This shows me, that within the project exe the global parameter is coded right. But transfering the line to the batch file there might be some extra stuff to get the quotes into the exe handed over.

Any idea to solve this?

cu
Wolf

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: command line parameters /pa: in quotes?

Post by Support Team » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:47 pm

Hello Wolf,

the command line parameters seem to be correct. I tried to reproduce the issue, but it works on my end with the following code in a batch file:

Code: Select all

@echo == Ranorex-Projekt an Agenten ausrollen ==
CommandLineTest.exe /agent:RXSUPPORTAGENT /pa:GlobalParameter="C:\Program Files (x86)\aak\Kompakt.Client.exe" 
if %errorlevel% neq 0 exit /b %errorlevel%
How do you execute the batch file? Which version of Ranorex are you using? If you are not on the latest version, please download and install it and try if that makes a difference.

Regards,
Bernhard