Compile Error

Ask general questions here.
pala

Compile Error

Post by pala » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:59 am

Hi Team,

I recently installed Ranorex latest version 9.1.0. previously I was working on Ranorex 9.0.1 .
After updating the version,my existing old solution doesn't compile.It throws an error while building the solution.
My Error is like this :

Compile Error:Metadata file 'D:\Study stuff\Ranorex Projects\AdvancedFeatures\AdvancedFeatures\bin\Debug\AdvancedFeatures.exe' could not be found .

Could you please resolve this Error.

Regards,
Somasekhar Pala.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Compile Error

Post by odklizec » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:03 am

Hi,

Are you sure you have installed .Net 4.6.2? Ranorex 9.1.0 requires, at very least, .Net 4.6.2. And there were some discussions regarding similar build errors, caused by old .Net or incorrectly installed/corrupted 4.6.2. So try to install/reinstall .Net.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

TeamRipper

Post by TeamRipper » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:29 am

As mentioned above, make sure .NET 4.6.2 DEV version is installed. Higher version (4.8) does not appear to work properly from my experience.

Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 or higher
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86
Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64 (required for 64 bit Windows versions only)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 or higher
Internet Explorer 11 or higher (with the latest patches and updates)

haider

Post by haider » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Hello,

Im' facing the same problem secribed above, odklizec mentionned that we have to install .Net 4.6.2.
My question is with the last microsoft update, the .Net 4.7 is installed by default and couldn't be remove.
As you know guys you can't install .Net 4.6.2 if you've .Net 4.7 allready installed.

So how to comme throught this issue ?

Thank you in advance.

haider

Post by haider » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:11 pm

I Fixed it by installing Ranorex 9.2.

jmorrisfmc

Post by jmorrisfmc » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:46 pm

This is great info! I just wanted to post and also reference the locked post in this forum that fixes this issue by finding and removing the bad ref file in the cproj. In my situation, I could run test suites but not the individual scripts. When I built the project, the system was saying the Ranorex helpers project file was corrupt. I opened the file which was referenced in my build errors and found that in the ItemReference the missing file was listed. I removed this reference. Rebuilt the solution and it began working again. Hope this helps! I can't take credit for this. Support admin Kendall McIntosh put this fix out there. Much appreciated to all!

I had this problem again. The bad ref was in the csproj file again. Deleted both refs to the Automation helpers and then rebuilt the automation helpers in the project. This seems to be the quickest fix for it.
Attachments
Annotation 2020-08-04 192906.jpg
Annotation 2020-08-04 192906.jpg (51.46 KiB) Viewed 110 times

aplesa

Post by aplesa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:59 am

Hello,

I have the same problem as "jmorrisfmc" but with a different project reference.
As in, I cannot run an individual script, because I get the 'Metadata file not found' error. But I can run it from the Test Suite.

I cannot just remove the referenced project to fix this error because I need it for my tests.
Is there another way to fix this problem?

I am using Ranorex 9.3.3 and .NET 4.7.2