Component Factory controls

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
EugeneF

Component Factory controls

Post by EugeneF » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 pm

We are using Component Factory controls with our application - http://www.componentfactory.com/

I am able to record script, I can see all controls and params within Spy; however, playback does not recognize them. Some of them do not have problem - some do.

Does Ranorex support it?
Any solutions?

Ciege

Re: Component Factory controls

Post by Ciege » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:14 pm

What do you mean by
playback does not recognize them
If they were recognized in record mode then they should be fine in playback. Does Spy see all the controls properly.

Can you post:
1) a snippet of your code that is failing
2) a RanorexSpy snapshot
3) the error you are getting

As I said, if they are recognized in record mode then your issue is probably with timing or something else similar...
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply!
1. CODE:

Report.Log(ReportLevel.Info, "Mouse", "Mouse Left Click item 'PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12.ElementBtnAddOpportunity' at 77;10.", repo.PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12.ElementBtnAddOpportunityInfo, new RecordItemIndex(8));
repo.PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12.ElementBtnAddOpportunity.Click("77;10");
Delay.Milliseconds(1050);

2. Is there any possibility to attach a snapshot?

3. ERROR:
Show/Hide Stacktrace
at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.Find[T](Boolean findSingle, Boolean throwException) at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.CreateAdapter[T](Boolean throwException) at PIPELINE_C_.PIPELINE_CHashRepositoryFolders.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12Folder.get_ElementBtnAddOpportunity() in u:\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\PIPELINE_C#\PIPELINE_C#\PIPELINE_C#Repository.cs:line 19947 at PIPELINE_C_.PIPELINE_PERSONAL_OPPORTUNITY.Ranorex.Core.Testing.ITestModule.Run() in u:\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\PIPELINE_C#\PIPELINE_C#\PIPELINE_PERSONAL_OPPORTUNITY.cs:line 113 at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteModule.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext)

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:11 pm

2. Is there any possibility to attach a snapshot?
Follow this to create a RanorexSpy snapshot, then attach it to a reply post here.
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... files.html
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Dear Ciege,

I know how to make and save snapshot, I do not know how to attach it here on the forum.

Thanks.

Eugene

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:31 pm

When you post a reply, under the text box there is an "Upload Attachment" tab.
Click that and browse to your file.
See my attachment below...
Attachments.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ciege...

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Thanks a lot!!! I attached it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Well you did post a screenshot, but a RanorexSpy snapshot would be much more useful... :D

So, Ranorex does see your Element, so recognition shouldn't be the issue...

Is the Exception text you posted the whole text? It looks cut off from the top (i.e. I don't see the actual Exception error).

My guess, without all the information, is that there was a timeout when searching for the element. (i.e. it wasn't found within the timeout allotted). Since I don't use record/playback or the repository I can't answer this for you specifically, but in general terms you need to up your timeout for the amount of time to search for the element. You should also put in a check that the ready state of your AUT is ready in other words the AUT has completed its action(s) from the previous steps.

Read the manual and/or search the forums for how to up the timeouts...
You should probably also surround your code in a try/catch block and catch the exception yourself so you can handle it better than just crashing.

Ciege...

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:17 pm

It was the error part only. I attached here the whole report:

00:00.551 Info Mouse Jump to itemOpen in SpyMouse Left Click item 'PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ElementKtxtSearch' at 214;13.
00:01.496 Info Mouse Jump to itemOpen in SpyMouse Left Click item 'PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ButtonHome' at 35;16.
00:01.937 Info Mouse Jump to itemOpen in SpyMouse Left Click item 'PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.TOOL_BAR.SearchCriteria_textBox' at 96;6.
00:03.324 Info Keyboard Jump to itemOpen in SpyKey sequence '{LShiftKey down}' with focus on 'PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.TOOL_BAR.SearchCriteria_textBox'.
00:03.639 Info Keyboard Jump to itemOpen in SpyKey sequence '%%{LShiftKey up}' with focus on 'PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.TOOL_BAR.SearchCriteria_textBox'.
00:04.159 Info Mouse Jump to itemOpen in SpyMouse Left Click item 'PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.TOOL_BAR.Search_Button' at 56;13.
00:04.552 Info Mouse Jump to itemOpen in SpyMouse Left Click item 'ContainerFSCPipeline_QA.ContainerFSCPipeline_QA' at 49;35.
00:04.883 Info Mouse Jump to itemOpen in SpyMouse Left Click item 'PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ElementKryptonGroup1.Prospect_Selection' at 45;10.
00:06.049 Info Mouse Jump to itemOpen in SpyMouse Left Click item 'PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12.ElementBtnAddOpportunity' at 77;10.
00:06.648 Error Module Jump to itemOpen in SpyView HelpFailed to find item 'PIPELINE_CHashRepository.PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12.ElementBtnAddOpportunity' within the specified timeout of 100ms. The folder 'PIPELINE_CHashRepository.PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12' was not found within the specified timeout of 100ms. No element found for path 'element/container[@controlname='splSearch.Panel2']/container/container/element/container[@controlname='kpSplitContainer.Panel2']/element/container/container/container' within 100ms.
Show/Hide Stacktrace
at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.Find[T](Boolean findSingle, Boolean throwException) at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoItemInfo.CreateAdapter[T](Boolean throwException) at PIPELINE_C_.PIPELINE_CHashRepositoryFolders.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12Folder.get_ElementBtnAddOpportunity() at PIPELINE_C_.PIPELINE_PERSONAL_OPPORTUNITY.Ranorex.Core.Testing.ITestModule.Run() at Ranorex.Core.Testing.TestSuiteModule.RunInternal(DataContext parentDataContext)

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:01 pm

The screenshot

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:10 pm

OK now I see the important part of the exception message:
00:06.648 Error Module Jump to itemOpen in SpyView HelpFailed to find item 'PIPELINE_CHashRepository.PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12.ElementBtnAddOpportunity' within the specified timeout of 100ms. The folder 'PIPELINE_CHashRepository.PIPELINE_HOME_SCREEN.ContainerFlowLayoutPanel12' was not found within the specified timeout of 100ms.
So Ranorex was set to look for that item within 100 ms... It didn't find it within that time (which is very short). I suggest upping your timeout to something like 10 seconds or more.

Ciege...

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Ciege,

Thank you very much - the problem is solved!
The problem was related not to the control itself, but to container where control was located.
Once I changed timeout it works like a charm!

Thanks again!

Eugene

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Ciege,

I still have problem with some controls - Spy cannot see them at all. It sees container but not the control located inside of the container.

Can you please help me with that?

Thanks.

Eugene.

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Can you post a RanorexSpy Snapshot to your AUT so we can have a look?

Ciege...

EugeneF

Post by EugeneF » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:14 pm

Here is the snapshot.
Thank you, Ciege!

Basically, Spy can see the Activity container, but cannot see Activity button on the right hand side of the container.