Conectivity issue to License Manager

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
theraviz

Conectivity issue to License Manager

Post by theraviz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:23 am

I have Ranorex License Manager 9.1.1 installed in one PC and I am using 3 PCs for Development. The Ranorex which is installed in the License Manager PC is working fine. But the other 2 PCs cant connect to License Manager.

It was working fine before. But now its not working after I have upgraded the license. And also the license status is showing as “Free”. Can you please help?
Capture2.JPG
While trying to connect from Another PC
Capture2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Conectivity issue to License Manager

Post by Support Team » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi theraviz,

It appears you have everything configured properly on Ranorex's end of things (license manager and license configuration). However, the client is failing to connect to the license manager. This connection error is likely occurring because port UDP & TCP 7266 is being blocked somewhere between the two machines.

Sometimes this can be easily resolved by opening the port in Windows firewall on both machines, but depending on the network configuration, this may take some additional steps (firewalls on the router, physical firewalls, et cetera...). Due to the uniqueness of every network, it is advised to contact your IT team to assist with opening UDP & TCP port 7266 between the license manager machine and the client machine as your IT team will have the best understanding on your network configuration and what needs to be changed.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned

theraviz

Re: Conectivity issue to License Manager

Post by theraviz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:18 pm

Yes, Network Team is looking into that. Thanks