Configure P4V to use Ranorex Magic Merger

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
KevinSer

Configure P4V to use Ranorex Magic Merger

Post by KevinSer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi,

The documentation doesn't describe the way to configure Perforce client (P4V) in order to use Ranorex MagicMerger. I tried something like this screenshot below but it doesn't work.
Could you please provide what settings we have to use here?

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

McTurtle

Re: Configure P4V to use Ranorex Magic Merger

Post by McTurtle » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:19 pm

Hello Kevin,

There is no documentation on this because it is rarely used with Ranorex. Are you getting any error message or how do you know it does not work?
I can see that you have also tried AraxisMerge already as suggested in the documentation of Perforce: Third-Party Merge Tools

Does AraxisMerge work?

Regards,
McTurtle

KevinSer

Post by KevinSer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Here the message printed when the error occurs. And yes, AraxisMerge works perfectly on my files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

McTurtle

Post by McTurtle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:35 am

Hello Kevin,

The screenshots in your 1st email are not entirely clear. The 1st line for the file type *.rxtst looks fine to me, but the other file types look different. Without actually using Perforce, I am afraid that I can't help. Maybe someone else here is using it?

If no one replies in a day or two, then I would suggest that you contact the Ranorex Support team: RxSupport

Regards,
McTurtle

KevinSer

Post by KevinSer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:25 pm

You're right, the 1st line is the only one correct but *.rxtst is the only type of file I tested to merge to get this error... :(