Configure Spy to only show adapters in xpath

Ask general questions here.
martinsw

Configure Spy to only show adapters in xpath

Post by martinsw » Fri May 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi,

Can you please advise, is it possible to configure Ranorex spy to only display the adapters in the Ranorex path when an element is tracked?

At the moment, spy displays the attributes, values and index numbers of the adapters in the path when an element is tracked. I don’t really need to know this information for my automation purposes since the element can be tracked in the DOM without this additional information being included in the path.

In order to keep my repository tidy, I have to delete these attributes/values/index numbers from the path which is a time consuming exercise if I have added quite a lot of new items to my repository using the spy “add to repository” option from the context menu. Please can you advise?

Thanks,
Martin

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Configure Spy to only show adapters in xpath

Post by Support Team » Mon May 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi,

to exactly identify the elements of an application Ranorex uses different attributes to make sure that a unique RxPath is generated.
You can try to set the "RanoreXPath generation tree search depth" to a higher value and uncheck "Enable folder caching" setting. You can find the settings in the General tab and Repository Defaults tab in the General Settings window.

Regards,
Bernhard
Ranorex Support Team

martinsw

Re: Configure Spy to only show adapters in xpath

Post by martinsw » Fri May 18, 2012 3:54 pm

Ok thanks, I'll have a play around with the suggested settings

Regards,

Martin