Connection offline - unable to update ranorex version

Bug reports.
amrita.thakur123

Connection offline - unable to update ranorex version

Post by amrita.thakur123 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:53 am

The start page shows connection offline due to which I'm unable to find any link to Ranorex version update. I'm behind coporate proxy, so I provide proxy info in most of the IDEs but Ranorex studio doesn't have any such option.
I have few scripts which are from 8.2 version and I need to merge those scripts on my machine which has the old version running.

I tried to download the latest version but instead of updating version on my machine to the latest one, it gives me error saying another version of Ranorex is downladed on the machine. The only way to get the latest version is removing the old version from control panel and downloading the latest one. I'm not too confident doing that, becuase I don't know how my scripts will react with the latest version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobinHood42

Re: Connection offline - unable to update ranorex version

Post by RobinHood42 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:31 am

Hi,
I'm behind coporate proxy, so I provide proxy info in most of the IDEs but Ranorex studio doesn't have any such option.
Ranorex Studio uses the IE proxy settings.
I have few scripts which are from 8.2 version and I need to merge those scripts on my machine which has the old version running.
It's not possible to downgrade Ranorex tests, so you would need to upgrade Ranorex on your machine.
The only way to get the latest version is removing the old version from control panel and downloading the latest one. I'm not too confident doing that, becuase I don't know how my scripts will react with the latest version.
It's even recommended to completely uninstall Ranorex -> reboot your machine -> install latest version of Ranorex