Console Logger stopping

Ask general questions here.
manalitatke

Console Logger stopping

Post by manalitatke » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:58 pm

Hello,

With regards to the above post, i am facing the same issue for console logger stopping while implementing my test suite via jenkins build server.

https://www.ranorex.com/forum/tests-get ... t7868.html

I tried using the exec command for executing my test suite.exe after a successful build of project.csproj file

However, my console window starts executing without popping up my application window.

And then, consecutively all my tests start failing.

At the end, it gives me the 'Console logger stopping error'

Is something that is disrupting my exe file?

My question is: When my application window has not popped up, it is bound to fail all modules, and consecutively give me an error.

I have the same issue while running my msbuild exe file from command line.

So, i believe, it has nothing to do with msbuild or jenkins server.

Can someone please help me with regards to the console logger stopping error.

Because i tried resolving the issue by solution discussed in the previous pot. But it does not help me much.

Thanks in advance,
Manali
Attachments
console logger stopping error.png
console logger stopping error.png (42.17 KiB) Viewed 533 times

McTurtle

Re: Console Logger stopping

Post by McTurtle » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Hello Manali,

I googled MSB3073 error. There could be many causes for this error. Among the possible solutions I have found:
1. Try to use an absolute path for the build target.
2. Check that the order of building the projects is correct. Sometimes one project need another one to be built first.

I think that the issue is with the Jenkins job not being configured correctly and you are not facing an issue with Ranorex yet? Does the Ranorex test start?

Regards,
McTurtle

manalitatke

Post by manalitatke » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:31 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, the ranorex test does start.

However, i have been getting the same error even when i execute my project.exe from the command line.

I dont think it is an issue with jenkins build server, otherwise i would have not got the same error via command line.

McTurtle

Post by McTurtle » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello manalitatke,

OK, so this surely has nothing to do with Jenkins or building the project.
So, to sum up:
1. You start your test suite.
2. The test suite does not open your AUT.
3. All test cases fail.
4. The console gets stuck on "Console logger stopping".

To me this looks like the issue is with starting your AUT.
What happens if you start your AUT manually, and then start the test with the start-AUT part of your test disabled?
Does the console then close automatically after the test has ended?

Regards,
McTurtle

manalitatke

Post by manalitatke » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:06 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the response.

I found this issue when i tried to implement my AUT on command line as well.

But figured out this thing:

'Console Logger stopping' is the message displayed even after starting AUT manually and running the suite with the AUT part disabled.
Basically, it tends to skip some of the modules because of the timing issues and apparently fails consecutive modules. Reports execution of project.exe is complete and displays the message 'Console Logger Stopping'.

However, while i try to implement my MSBuild solution in the command line for building the .csproj file and executing the .exe file,
my modules fail and give me the 'Console Logger Stopping' message followed by MSB3073 exited with -1 error. From what i perceived, the console logger stopping is a default message displayed at the end of test suite.exe irrespective of the 'modules and test suite failing or passing.

However, the MSB3073 error is purely due to the 'Exec' command used in the MSBuild.

I am working on the MSB3073 error exited with -1 code as a part of MSBuild for implementing my Ranorex Project. I believe, this is a .NET framework and MSBuild issue, and its unrelated to Ranorex.
Any suggestions are most welcome.

However, just wanted to confirm this behavior of executing the project.exe on command line: Does it always display 'Console Logger Stopping' at the end irrespective of the modules/Test suite failing or passing?

Thanks!

McTurtle

Post by McTurtle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Hello manalitatke,

Yes. After a Ranorex test is finished, it will always display "[Debug ][Logger]: Console logger stopping."
Are you able to replicate the issue with a sample project and using MsBuild in the command line? If so, then you could maybe post your sample project and I could try if I can build it with MsBuild.

Regards,
McTurtle