Control Class is not available

Ask general questions here.
vengaishiva

Control Class is not available

Post by vengaishiva » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi,
I am using ranorex version 2.3. I need to do a invokeremote function on devexpress xtra list. But i can't find the control class under Ranorex namespace. I have also serached the dlls in ranorex folder. Its still not available. Any help on this?
Regards,
Siva R S

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Control Class is not available

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:23 am

Hi,

You won't find the control class in the Ranorex namespaces, because this is not a Ranorex control. To get access to the public classes of this XTRA List, you have to add the DLL of DevExpress to the references of your Ranorex project. If you successfully added all needed references, please take a look to following post
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/invokeremo ... t1002.html

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

vengaishiva

Post by vengaishiva » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:01 am

Hi,
In the link that you have given i saw the following piece
Control picturecontrol = @"/form[@title~'^Microsoft\ SQL\ Server\ Mana']/container[@caption='']/element/element[@class='DockingView' and @instance='1']/*/container[@caption='']/*/container[@controlname='rightPaneControl']/*/*/picture[@controlname='iconPlaceholder']";

As you said i have included the dlls for my dev express xtra tree list. But still i cant find control class.
In the forum i have seen many codes like
Ranorex.Control ctrl="rx path of control"
And then they invoke remotely the function. So am confused about this control class :( How can i cast my rx path into a Ranorex.Control class object and then invoke my function remotely. Any help?
Regards,
Siva R S

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi,

Please use following blog as guide
http://www.ranorex.com/blog/transfering ... et-control

If you can't find the expected class for your control, please ask your developers in which DLL of the DevExpress libraries the control is nested.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

vengaishiva

Post by vengaishiva » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi,
I found out the answer. The Control class am looking for is in Ranorex.plugins.winform.dll. Thanks,
Regards,
Siva R S