convert Ranorex result reports to an XML file

Ask general questions here.
wafa

convert Ranorex result reports to an XML file

Post by wafa » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:00 pm

Hi, I am doing web performance tests (display time..) with Ranorex and I want to develop a Dashboard to display the results. so I want to know how or if it is possible to exploit Ranorex result reports and extract values to display statistics..

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: convert Ranorex result reports to an XML file

Post by odklizec » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:34 am

Hi,

I think the easiest option is to enable JUnit xml creation, which can be either enabled in Solution >> Report settings or enabled from command line (/junit parameter) and process it as per your needs. Hope this helps?
junit.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

wafa

Post by wafa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Yes, thank you very much :D , and about performance testing is it possible to do them with Ranorex? (I want to see for example, if the website works under the load of 50 people..)
I tried to combine Ranorex with Neoload, but I failed to run neoload automatically from Ranorex (though I added the ConnectToRunTimeApi..).
I noticed that it is possible to do performance tests with visual studio, but I want a combination with Ranorex. Has anyone ever tried to do it?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi,

Ranorex alone is not suitable for load testing. At first, there is no special support for load/performance testing so you would have to write it yourself. Additionally, Ranorex requires license for each single user/instance, so with current licensing model, it would be quite expensive to create 50 or more parallel tests runs ;) And this is what the NeoLoad integration is for. Basically, the load test is performed directly by NeoLoad, while Ranorex itself starts the test in neoload and collects data. Additionally, NeoLoad has different licensing model. As far as I remember, it offers 50 virtual users for free? I was able to make the integration working (some 2 years ago), but in the end, I found no real use for it. So I'm not quite sure if the integration steps are still working with recent Ranorex? ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

wafa

Post by wafa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:16 pm

Yes the number of virtual users is limited :roll: and I do not know if the integration is still feasible because I think that the last documents have in 2016.. so are there other solutions to do the load tests? (preferably we all use Ranorex) I just want to extract results to show it in my dashboard.