Convert to usercode without Report.Log lines

Ask general questions here.
bpdyna

Convert to usercode without Report.Log lines

Post by bpdyna » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:14 am

Hi,

We are using Ranorex to record actions and after that I merge/convert these actions into small re-usable blocks of user code. I then create a library which consists of these re-usable blocks and build my testcases by simply adding these 1 by 1.
My team has chosen this approach in order to make it a bit more maintenance friendly and to keep a clean overview, rather than having recordings which consist of 300 actions.

Things can get a bit tedious however when I convert/merge actions into user code and I want to remove all the lines of "Report.Log", because not every action needs to be reported and I create my own reporting lines where I want/need them.

Is there an easy way to either prevent Ranorex from creating the Report.Log lines when converting to user code, or remove all these lines easily while editing the usercode.cs file?

Much appreciated.

bpdyna

Re: Convert to usercode without Report.Log lines

Post by bpdyna » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:15 am

I looked in a lot of places before posting this on the forum, but in the time it took for the topic to be approved, I already found the solution:

When you select multiple actions and look at the properties of those actions, there is a property that says "Use Logging". Set that to false and there will be no more logging on those actions at all.

Anyway, one for the archive I imagine :)