Copying test cases?

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
wshoff

Copying test cases?

Post by wshoff » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:13 pm

I work in an environment where we are require to build test solutions for several different software collections. Entity A might only have 35 of the 120 applications we support while Entity B might have 93 of them, so each entity requires its own solution. Because of this, we want to reuse as much work as possible.

To that end, our team develops test cases for each application. I am trying to work out a way to import these individual test cases into each entity solution.

Is there an easy way to do this? Ideally I would like to copy the test case from one project to another, preserving the repository. These test cases are simple, with no data bindings, but when I attempt to copy a test case even from one project to another within the same solution Ranorex cannot find the referenced modules. Do I need to manually copy the modules to the new project location or is there a way to have it find them in the old location?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Copying test cases?

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi wshoff,

I would recommend using module groups if you want to reuse existing modules which have to be organized in a special order form another project.
You can just drag and drop the group into the test suite of your project.
ModuleGroup.png
The module group is just linked and will can be executed from the original location.
I hope that helps.

Regards,
Bernhard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wshoff

Post by wshoff » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:31 pm

Hi Bernhard,

I'll take a closer look at module groups, thanks! Are they explained in any of your training videos?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid that there is no video on how to use module groups, but we have a really good description how to do so in our user guide.

Module Group Editor: http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c4072

Regards,
Bernhard