could not get a valid screen rectangle from element

Ask general questions here.
martinsw

could not get a valid screen rectangle from element

Post by martinsw » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Hello,

I am getting a warning message in my automation report saying

"Could not get a valid screen rectangle from element '{ATag}', since the element is no longer valid"

This warning does not happen every time I run my automation. Also, when it does occur, it doesn't always occur at the same point in the automation. However, every time the warning appears the automation then errors on the step after the warning (see attached screenshot).

Can you please explain what this error means and how I resolve it?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: could not get a valid screen rectangle from element

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi,
martinsw wrote:Can you please explain what this error means and how I resolve it?
It seems to be that your element is no longer available in your document. Did you check after the error if the highlight element in your repository or if Spy is available to find the element? Is it possible to get access to the webpage and to your Ranorex Solution to analyze the issue?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

martinsw

Post by martinsw » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Peter,

When I go into my repository after this error I can successfully highlight it so i'm not sure what the problem is - it doesn't seem to be a problem with the Xpath given that I can successfully highlight it. Can you shed any light?

The annoying thing about this error is that it does not happen consistently. Therefore it may take several runs of the automation before you come accross it. I am currently in the process of arranging for Ranorex support to have access so will keep you posted about this.

In the meantime, any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks, Martin

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry, but we do not have any further additional input for you.
Please try to make your AUT accessible for our support team and we will have a look at your issue on the live system.

Regards,
Tobias
Ranorex Team