Could not load file or assembly 'Ranorex.Core, Version=9.0.1.0

Ask general questions here.
deatchlock

Could not load file or assembly 'Ranorex.Core, Version=9.0.1.0

Post by deatchlock » Tue May 07, 2019 10:26 am

Hi,

One of the projects within the Visual Studio solution is throwing following error :
{"Could not load file or assembly 'Ranorex.Core, Version=9.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b798506b574ebc9a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.":"Ranorex.Core, Version=9.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b798506b574ebc9a"} System.Exception {System.IO.FileNotFoundException}

In the other hand I have another project within the same solution and after upgrading and changing references all I did was build couple of times and it worked but this second project after changing old references to the new ones I just keep getting this error message. So far I have tried following things: repair, reinstall, build multiple times.

Anyone has real solution to this?

Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Could not load file or assembly 'Ranorex.Core, Version=9.0.1.0

Post by Support Team » Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 pm

Hello deatchlock,

Do you use Visual Studio or do you use Ranorex Studio? If you use Visual Studio, would you try building the solution with Ranorex Studio? Do you get the same error?
Another user solved this issue by setting the "Copy Local = true" properties to true for this specific reference.

Regards,
Bernhard

deatchlock

Post by deatchlock » Thu May 09, 2019 8:22 am

Hi Bernhard,

I have just tried building it within the Ranorex and I have got an error message " Task failed because "AxImp.exe" was not found", what ever this means :S Any ideas what am I missing?

Regards

deatchlock

Post by deatchlock » Thu May 09, 2019 8:34 am

Hi Bernhard,

I will try the suggested steps from error message and I have even found a post on forum regarding this problem with AxImp.exe, if these things don´t go well , I will write again. ;)

Regards

deatchlock

Post by deatchlock » Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi Bernhard,

I have fixed the issue by installing following v8.0a winsdk package. The error is gone in Ranorex studio and Visual studio as well. It maybe not the same for everyone but it is important to read that error message carefully because there it is written which WinSDK is missing.

Regards,
lock