Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp' in Jira integration

Bug reports.
curvc

Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp' in Jira integration

Post by curvc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Hello,

I got the error message below when I used Jira integration. How to resolve this problem?
Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=106.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=598062e77f915f75' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (InnerException: -- )

Ranorex version: 8.3.0
Ranorex Jira reporting moc: 0.1.1

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp' in Jira integration

Post by odklizec » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:19 am

Hi,

Have you followed the troubleshooting steps at the end of Jira integration guide?...
https://www.ranorex.com/blog/integratin ... into-jira/
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

cpalex

Post by cpalex » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:01 pm

I am also encountering the exact same error, and I have followed the troubleshooting steps at the end of that blog post. The error in that blog post is not quite the same, but I still set my app.config to allow loading from remote sources, and verified that the DLL for RestSharp was not being blocked for security reasons.

I did notice that the error says version 106.2.2.0, but NuGet has updated my RestSharp to 106.5.4.0

andrey.zavarygin

Post by andrey.zavarygin » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:19 am

I have the same behavior, with installed RestSharp 106.5.4.0 I have the error "Could not load file or assembly 'RestSharp, Version=106.2.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=598062e77f915f75' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (InnerException: -- ) ".

Why did it happen? I use Ranorex 8.3, open your WebWordPressSample, so I should get any external dependencies.

andrey.zavarygin

Post by andrey.zavarygin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:04 am

I've got an answer from Support Team.

They said it happen because of permissions. So just run your Ranorex as Administrator and issue will be solved.

Also they asked me to disable checkbox in Settings "Use UiaLauncher to elevate privileges for processed started by tools"