Crash when trying to bind variable

Bug reports.
Gunner1980

Crash when trying to bind variable

Post by Gunner1980 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:35 pm

So I have the below setup. You will see that I have two recordings named SetupSimulator although they are from different projects and they are under different test cases.

I then try to bind a variable to the SetupSimulator recording under the SetupSimulatorSystemManager test case.

I select SIMip from the drop and when I click apply I get the following Ranorex crash.

I have tried changing GUID's via notepad in the rexrec files and regenerating the cs files without any luck. For some reason I am having tons of issues with recordings that were copied from other recordings in previous versions of Ranorex. This didn't fix this issue though, please help I need to bind that variable.

One thing I would like to add is you have the insert new GUID tool why not have the ability to do that to the recording from within Ranorex since it is hidden in that file anyways. It does no good to change it in the .cs files as it is always regenerated. Can't Ranorex look at the path of the item rather than this GUID to identify whether or not a recording is a duplicate?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash when trying to bind variable

Post by Support Team » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:24 am

Hi,

this behavior should have been fixed with our new release Ranorex 3.0.1 which is available for download shortly.

Kind regards,
Tobias
Support Team

Gunner1980

Re: Crash when trying to bind variable

Post by Gunner1980 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:37 pm

I just downloaded 3.0.1 and this is fixed, thanks.