Creating new recordings in folders not working in 3.01

Bug reports.
tallahassee101
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Creating new recordings in folders not working in 3.01

Post by tallahassee101 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:24 pm

I have a folder structure under my project as follows:
TacViewLib (project file)
UISpecific (folder)
TestCategory1 (folder)
TestA (recording module)
TestB (recording module)
TestC (recording module)
TestCategory2
TestA
TestB
TestC

I get the following error when I add a new recording by right clicking on a TestCategory and doing Add->New Item->Recording module:

"Filename
C:\filepath\TacViewLib\TacViewLibRepository.rxrep is in use.
Choose another one"

Hit ok button:
"Unable to load the repository.
Could not find file
C:\filepath\TacViewLib\UISpecific\TestCategory1\TacViewLibRepository.rxrep"

Hit ok button:
"The Recording file is invalid and can not be opened in the designer."

Hit ok button to dismiss and then the recording file closes. Any attempt to re-open the file will give the same 3 error/warning messages and then close the file again. You can see the recording file open in the background during the warnings and the Repository is red. We used to see this issue in 3.0 and would get 1 warning/error, but then would be able to link the Repository to the correct one.

A little history: we used to have a Repository file named: TacViewLibRepositoryUISpecific.rxrep that was giving us this problem in 3.0 and 3.01. I spent today renaming the repository file to TacViewLibRepository.rxrep so it would match the project TacViewLib, hoping that would fix it, but it seems to still have the same problems.

I'm also unsure of what the first Error message means, I closed all the open files in Ranorex and still it says the repository is "in use".

tallahassee101
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Creating new recordings in folders not working in 3.01

Post by tallahassee101 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:28 pm

For some reason however, I can create a new recording by right clicking on TacViewLib ( the project ). I can then drag the new recording into the folder structure and it correctly relinks to the repository. This will work as a workaround for now, but this is a serious bug that should be fixed as soon as possible.