Creating rxsln from sln?

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
AlexDozer

Creating rxsln from sln?

Post by AlexDozer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:05 am

Hello,

I have a problem. I updated our solution with Visual Studio. But now I have the problem that the rxsln-file is not updated, so when I open the solulion with this file I have the old version, not the newest.

Can I create a rxsln-file from a sln-file?

Regards Alex

AlexDozer

Re: Creating rxsln from sln?

Post by AlexDozer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:08 pm

I renamed the sln-file to rxsln-file and it works :)

But I have now another problem. I have some libraries in my solution. When I rebuild the solution, some errors come up from these libraries:
Unexpected error creating debug information file 'w:\WorkspaceSW3\Tools\TestEngine\Libraries\Repositories\Repositories\obj\Debug\Repositories.PDB' -- 'w:\WorkspaceSW3\Tools\TestEngine\Libraries\Repositories\Repositories\obj\Debug\Repositories.pdb: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird. (CS0042)

Could not write to output file 'w:\WorkspaceSW3\Tools\TestEngine\Libraries\Attributes\KeywordsAttributes\obj\Debug\KeywordsAttributes.dll' -- 'Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird. ' (CS0016)

Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\Repositories.pdb" to "..\..\..\Output\Debug\Repositories.pdb". The process cannot access the file 'obj\Debug\Repositories.pdb' because it is being used by another process. (MSB3021)
It seems that Ranorex Studio does not release some files and so following actions fail. Same solution rebuild with Visual Studio does not throw any error or warning.

Regards Alex

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi,

Please take a look to following thread
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/recording1 ... t2040.html

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

AlexDozer

Post by AlexDozer » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Hello,

I took a look on the thread. The problem there seems to be the same as we have but the workaround there doesn't work for me. I started Ranorex as Admin but the errors still remain. Also do I not have a WinXP 64. I can reproduce the error on Win7 64 and also on WinXP 32.

Another Idea?

Regards Alex

AlexDozer

Post by AlexDozer » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 pm

???

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi,

basically we're doing our best to answer your mail and forum support queries as fast as possible.
So you will get an answered after two work days at the latest.

So posts holding "???" and equal are not really necessary/useful.

Back to your problem:
I your project located on a network share?
If so, copy it on your local drive and try again.

If that doesn't help please provide us your Ranorex Solution, as we cannot reproduce the issue you've mentioned.
You either attach it to your next forum post or send it to our support mail box: support(at)ranorex.com

Regards,
Tobias
Support Team

AlexDozer

Post by AlexDozer » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:47 am

Hello,

sorry for the delay but I was not in office the last days. I send you the solution with mail!

Regards Alex

roneil

Post by roneil » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Howdy,

We are seeing similar build errors after ugrading from 3.0.2 to 3.1.3:

Code: Select all

Unexpected error creating debug information file 'c:\Dev\SAMSE\branches\13.01.06\QCSE\Common\Common\obj\Debug\Common.PDB' -- 'c:\Dev\SAMSE\branches\13.01.06\QCSE\Common\Common\obj\Debug\Common.pdb: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (CS0042)
or:

Could not read state file "obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache". The process cannot access the file 'C:\Dev\SAMSE\branches\13.01.06\QCSE\Functional Testing\All SAMS-E\LoginLogout\Login\obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache' because it is being used by another process. (MSB3088)
Could not read state file "obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache". The process cannot access the file 'C:\Dev\SAMSE\branches\13.01.06\QCSE\Functional Testing\All SAMS-E\LoginLogout\Logout\obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache' because it is being used by another process. (MSB3088)
Could not read state file "obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache". The process cannot access the file 'C:\Dev\SAMSE\branches\13.01.06\QCSE\Common\Common\obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache' because it is being used by another process. (MSB3088)
Could not read state file "obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache". The process cannot access the file 'C:\Dev\SAMSE\branches\13.01.06\QCSE\Common\Common\obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache' because it is being used by another process. (MSB3088)
or:

Could not write lines to file "obj\Debug\Common.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt". Access to the path 'C:\Dev\SAMSE\branches\13.01.06\QCSE\Common\Common\obj\Debug\Common.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt' is denied. (MSB3491)
The issue occurs on all our test engineers' systems when doing a Rebuild Project or Rebuild Solution, regardless of solution or project. The name and location of the PDB files will sometimes differ based upon the order that projects are built, etc. The issue doesn't occur if we do a Clean Solution, followed by a Build Solution.

All TE systems are Win7 x64. We all do our work on our local systems (we use source control to share source code) - no one is compiling using shared or network drives.

As stated before, this did not occur using version 3.0.2 -- only after we upgraded to version 3.1.3.

The errors do not occur in either VS 2008 or VS 2010.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi,

Did you take a look at the mentioned postings?
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/recording1 ... t2040.html
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/ranorex-st ... t2041.html

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

roneil

Post by roneil » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:14 pm

Yes, we did.

Our development systems don't have UAC enabled, so we don't have issues with that. Executing Ranorex Studio using 'Run as Adminstrator' still has no affect -- the issue still occurs.

This occurs even if the script was not previously executed through the debugger (launch and login to Windows, open RS as administrator, open RXSLN, Rebuld All -- issue occurs).

We are using Windows 7 x64, so the Windows XP x64 patch doesn't apply to us. We checked and it appears that Windows 7 has the latest version of the Windows Automation API:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971513
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... en&id=1671
The Windows Automation API library contains the latest version of the Microsoft User Interface Automation (UI Automation) and Microsoft Active Accessibility libraries that are provided in Windows 7.
Unless there's a patch now available for Win7 x64 that we couldn't find?

Thank You.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi,

I think the best way to narrow down this issue would be to setup a remote session. Would it be possible to write us a mail to [email protected] ? Then we can schedule a meeting.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:10 pm

Well, after receiving a demo-project and a list of steps to reproduce, we are finally able to reproduce the mentioned behaviour !

A short description of the facts:
The solution consists of one executeable project (P1) and two code module libraries (P2 and P3) whereas P1 references P2 but not P3. P3 references P2.

Doing (iterated) build and rebuild-actions for the solution leads the mentioned error because:
Rebuild of P1 also causes a rebuild of P3 (which is referenced).
Having started the build-action for P3 (asynchronously) the main rebuild-action continues.
Because P3 references P2 there is a second rebuild-action invoked although the first (asynchronous) rebuild-action has not finished yet. This causes a conflict of some specific files which are locked during the rebuild-action.

Our development team is working on a global solution to handle the build-order in Ranorex Studio.

By now we can provide 2 workarounds in order to avoid this issue:
1.) Add a reference to the Executable Project (P1) pointing to the unreferenced library (P3) to ensure the building mechanism doing the correct order at the correct time.
2.) Exclude all projects (libraries) from the solution which are not needed (referenced) in the Executable (P1). This causes P3 to be untouched.

It will be published right here if there is a global solution in a prospective release !

Kind regards
Roland (E)
Ranorex Team

lyn5000

Post by lyn5000 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 pm

FYI - I am getting the same error as described in this thread randomly in Ranorex Studio 3.2.2.
The error never occurs in Visual Studio 2010, so it handles the assembly dependency better.

Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\MyPage.pdb" to "bin\Debug\MyPage.pdb". The process cannot access the file 'obj\Debug\MyPage.pdb' because it is being used by another process. (MSB3021)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:02 am

Hi,

Yes, this is correct, but we are working to improve it as written in the previous post.
The fix will be available in one of our future releases.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

roneil

Post by roneil » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Was this issue fixed in verson 3.2.3 or is it still under development for a later release?