B page2 w
B page3 x
B page3 y
C page2 z
C page3 e
C page4 f
C page5 g
C page5 h

column1 is an item in a dropdownlist, column2 is another dropdownlist and column3 is the 3rd dropdownlist.
currently my steps are : select column1 and check if column2 appears in the second dropdownlist, then select column 2 and check whether it column3 appears in the 3rd drop down list. If you see , when I execute the test, the same steps are repeated for column 1 and column 2 as the data are same for 1st few line, inorder to increase the speed I would like to get a way in which I can get the previous row data and check if column 1 is same and column2 is same inorder to skip the step. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks,
Rajee

rsudhak

Re: CSV Connector - select row data

Post by rsudhak » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:44 am

This is BTW a desktop application using ranorex 8.3

manish
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by manish » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi,

You can try to get the current ly selected value for the sropdown. If it is the same as the next one then leave it be and move to the 2nd dropdown and so on. Only change the values of the dropdown if the values in the next iteration changes.

Hope it helps :)

Thanks
Manish

rsudhak

Post by rsudhak » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:59 pm

I cant do selecteditemtext, because DropDownVisible attribute is false and will become true only if I click on the dropdown which is a list item. snapshot attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rsudhak

Post by rsudhak » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Thats the reason why if I get the data from the previous row then I can skip the dropdown selection based on that..... right now each row takes 1-2 mins and I have almost 11000 rows :(

manish
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by manish » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi,

Could you tell me which element should I be looking at in the snapshot as there are a few comboboxes available.

Also, you should consided disabling UIA plugin for the snapshot (also for your tests) and there is limited identification capabilities for WPF elements in this case.

Thanks
Manish

rsudhak

Post by rsudhak » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:22 pm

ComboBox ' CableTypeComboBox' and ComboBox 'InstallationMethodGroupComboBox'

rsudhak

Post by rsudhak » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:21 am

It would be great if I could get a way to find the previous rows input values(bound data)

manish
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Post by manish » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:54 am

Hi,

From the snapshot you uploaded, I can only see the AUT only when the comboboxes are enabled and already have a value selected. In order to find a solution to your problem I would also need to see how it looks like when the comboboxes are not selected and what is the default value when the comboboxes are enabled.

Thanks
Manish

Vega

Post by Vega » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:26 pm

If you want to adjust your execution based on the values from your data source, I would recommend taking a look at IF conditions for your test containers:

https://www.ranorex.com/help/latest/ran ... ons-rules/

I'm still not 100% sure on what your test case is supposed to do, so if you still need more help please provide more info. I understand if you cannot share your solution, but a sample solution with just this test case would be helpful for reference.

Hope this helps