Custom class properties not availble

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
jhorton

Custom class properties not availble

Post by jhorton » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm very new to Ranorex so I'm hoping that this is a simple question that I'm just missing a crucial piece of info about.

I have a custom flex 4 class that extends the flex object type Panel. It has an additional property called collapsible. When I track the object in Ranorex Studio and then look at the property section for that object, I can't find the new property that I added. Another oddity is the Type that is shown for the object is Panel even though it should be CollapsiblePanel. What do I need to do get the custom properties of a custom flex object to be accessible to Ranorex so that I can do validation on them? Thanks in advance.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Custom class properties not availble

Post by Support Team » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi,

Usually, custom properties won't show up in Ranorex Spy, nevertheless you can use your custom properties in RanoreXPath and also get the values from those properties using the FlexElement.GetPropertyValue method.

Please, could you post us a bit more information for that issue. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

jhorton

Post by jhorton » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:39 pm

I am using Ranorex Studio version 2.3.3.8879
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jhorton

Post by jhorton » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Here is the custom object
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi,
jhorton wrote:Another oddity is the Type that is shown for the object is Panel even though it should be CollapsiblePanel.
If the type which extends your custom class is a type from the Flex class library, this type will be shown in the Type section, because Ranorex knows that your custom class extends this type. In your case it is the "Panel Class" from Flex.
About how to get the properties of your CollapsiblePanel:
As I said, you can use your custom properties in RanoreXPath and also get the values from those properties using the FlexElement.GetPropertyValue method. For example use following RxPath to get a panel which is collapsed.
container[@collapsed='true']
Please also take a look at following documentation about Ranorex Adapter
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... apter.html
and take a look at our screencast about the RxPath
http://www.ranorex.com/support/screencasts.html

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team