Customized TestCase names in the PDF Report

Ask general questions here.
Fsis

Customized TestCase names in the PDF Report

Post by Fsis » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:40 am

Hi all,

I'd like the different test cases to have a different name each iteration. I achieved that in the Ranorex report itself, but since not everybody in our company has Ranorex installed , I use the ReportToPdf-tool to convert the reports into PDF's.

The problem is, said customizations of the test case titles is lost in the PDF. Each test case is called "TestCase" instead of "Iteration 1.., Iteration 2... etc".

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Fabio

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Customized TestCase names in the PDF Report

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi Fsis,

The report-to-pdf conversion tool is limited in what customizations it can do and changing the iteration name is not possible at this time. As an alternative, I recommend using a HTML version of the report or use the standalone report viewer (beta) so users without Ranorex can view the reports without installing Ranorex.

I hope these suggestions are viable in your environment!

Cheers,
Ned

brettcole

Re: Customized TestCase names in the PDF Report

Post by brettcole » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:18 pm

is it possible to add a time stamp to the end of the PDF file name being used by the PDFname variable? what i would like to see is the automation helper use the name bound the the PDFname Variable, but also automatically append a time stamp each time the test is executed.