Data bindings lost after obsolete data sources are deleted

Ask general questions here.
LPG

Data bindings lost after obsolete data sources are deleted

Post by LPG » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:07 am

Hello,

I have data bindings that got lost when I switched my data sources from "simple" to "csv" files, and the removed the "simple" ones. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Set up test cases with "Simple" data sources (simple data table). Data binded, all ran well.
2. Created some csv files, and changed the test cases to rather use the csv files for data sources. At this point, I did NOT delete the old simple data sources yet. Data binded, all ran well.
3. Then I figured I don't need the obsolete, simple data sources anymore, and I removed them.
4. Result: All the data bindings instantly got lost right when I delete the old, obsolete data sources.

So even though the simple data sources are not used anymore, the data bindings got removed.

This is in Ranorex 3.0.5. Instead of having to re-bind the data sources again to the csv files, is there perhaps a workaround?

Thanks!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Data bindings lost after obsolete data sources are deleted

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:55 am

Hello,

This sounds to be a bug with the data connector, thanks for reporting this issue!

As workaround I would just delete the old simple data connector after you created the csv one and before you bind it. Is this a valid workaround for you?

Regards,
Markus

LPG

Re: Data bindings lost after obsolete data sources are deleted

Post by LPG » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:54 pm

At this point I already binded everything to the new csv data connectors (before I deleted the old ones). So although it is a good workaround, the workaround is too late for me, I suppose :)

Well, I thought it was worth asking, but now I know for future purposes.

Thank you for the quick response!