DataSource binding error

Bug reports.
UgaAga

DataSource binding error

Post by UgaAga » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:20 pm

Hi,
amongst others my Ranorex project contains test cases which are the children of other test cases. Both parent and children test cases are bound to data sources. The modules in the children test cases are also using the parent data sources. Until Ranorex 4.1 there was no problem with that, but Ranorex 4.1 is unable to find the parent data sources and tells me that the data columns aren't bound. If i want to preview the effective data set, i get the following error

--------------------------- EffectiveDataSetDialog --------------------------- Error on refresh effective data set: 'preview' column name 'Master.ApplicationPath' must not contain the '.' character. --------------------------- OK ---------------------------

Thanks

UgaAga

Re: DataSource binding error

Post by UgaAga » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:39 am

Anyone?

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi,

With 4.1 it is not allowed to use a "." in the header of the columns.

Regards,
Markus

UgaAga

Post by UgaAga » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Hi,
sorry but that didn't help. I don't use any "." in the headers of my data tables.

Bye

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:47 pm

I believe there is a bug in 4.1 when it attempts to read a data table that existed in an older project. Ranorex concatenates the table name and the column names with a "." in between and then fails when trying to read it.

Uga,
What type of data source are you using (simple datatable, XLS, SQL, etc.)?
Have you tried re-binding the tables?
Have you tried re-creating the data source?

Ranorex,
After 4.1 I saw this issue as well. It appears you have two developers working on the data binding area and they aren't talking to each other about what they are expecting. :D

I re-made my data sources and it fixed it. I use simple data tables that I create at runtime from dynamic SQL queries so it wasn't hard for me, but others may not have this option.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this bug!

It was already forwarded to our internal bug tracking system and it should be fixed in the next bug fix version.

Thanks,
Markus