Delay between actions

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
hkathuria

Delay between actions

Post by hkathuria » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:07 am

Hi,

I am using Ranorex with my .NET desktop application. I have a menu on the top of my main page and when I do File->New it takes some time to load/activate the form. In the second step I need to click on one button.

I am using the follwing script and second statement is causing error as FILE->NEW is taking some time.

ds.TestRepository.MenuItemNew.Click(Location.UpperLeft);
ds.TestRepository.ButtonAdd_Area.Click();

I don't want to put the specific timeout here. I am expecting something in
Core which automatically detects that the thread/application is busy before taking button click action.

Should I use find here?
Hitesh

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi,

The next updated preview version will provide some configuration settings. There will be a search timeout setting available for each item of the object repository editor. The currently available version generates the repository code using a hard coded search timeout for the whole repository.

Code: Select all

static int _timeout = 1000;
Normally you should not need to change the repository code! As a workaround (until next version update) you can change the gemerated code to increase the search timeout manually.

What we can't do is to handle performance states of applications. Ranorex focuses on accessing application information using their graphical user interface.

best regards,

Christoph
Ranorex Support Team