Dependency Management with Ranorex

Experiences, small talk, and other automation gossip.
anja

Dependency Management with Ranorex

Post by anja » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:45 am

Hi,

we have following situation: Some solutions which are located in Subversion (each one in an own repository).
Now we want to reference in one Solution a project of the other (only the dll).

The goal is to have a centralized repository containing all dlls which are referenced from other solutions.
We read about different Dependency Management systems like NPanday, NuGet, NMaven...

Has someone already made some experiences using such tools with Ranorex? If yes how could they be integrated in Ranorex Studio (We are not using Visual Studio).

Thank you in advance

Greetings
Anja

atom

Re: Dependency Management with Ranorex

Post by atom » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Why put each solution into its own repository?!

anja

Re: Dependency Management with Ranorex

Post by anja » Mon May 14, 2012 7:47 am

Hi,
sorry for my late response...

We have many projects which are to some point independend from each other. This is why they are managed in different repositories.

Some projects are covering a frame where other applications could be run. For testing these other applications we need at least one Frame to test --> so we need some code written for the frame to test this application.

We want to be able to share the compiled dlls and not the whole project code. Within other projects it should only be possible to use the code and not to change it...

I hope I could explain a little more of our situation with this...

Has someone some experiences with the dependency management for Ranorex projects? What we need is a centralized repository to find all dlls you may also need within other projects.

Thank you very much