Deployment without confirmation

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
ralucaM

Deployment without confirmation

Post by ralucaM » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:40 pm

I ‘m trying to evaluate Ranorex Studio for an Android application and I have a problem:
In Instrumentation Wizzard, after I choose the apk file to deploy, I press next and it looks like everything it’s ok (without any error) and it shows the Operation successful page, but without any deployment confirmation on the device.
After I press finish and I go back to the recording settings and in the app list, from Mobile Recording section, it cannot choose anything instead off ‘ Select Instrumented apk on device’.
I also have to mention that connection was made through USB.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deployment without confirmation

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Hello,

Could you please check if your apk file is stored on your device?
If yes, have you already tried to refresh the app-list in 'new recording' dialog?

Please verify it there is a not instrumented version on your device?
If so please uninstall this version before.

Please let me know if you need further advice.

Regards,
Markus (T)

ralucaM

Post by ralucaM » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I overcome this problem, but finally, when Ranorex is trying to launch the application on the device, the following error is displayed: “Failed to start because no app started event was received. Maybe there was an error when launching the application on device.”
If I try, manually to start the application (after Ranorex installed it), it is not possible. (after starting, the application automatically stops)
I tried to find the reason, and I'm currently receiving an error: “ the mscorlib.dll (viewed in logs) cannot be found when I launch the instrumented app.”
I also have to mention that application was developed with Monodroid.
If it helps, I could send to you the .apk file.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:02 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the information.
Yes, the apk file will help us to analyze the issue in more detail. Please send it to [email protected].
Additionally, could you please tell us more about your test environment (Android version, Ranorex version, ...)
Thank you!

Regards,
Bernhard