DeveloperExpress XtraPivotGrid and XtraScheduler

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
moveo_software

DeveloperExpress XtraPivotGrid and XtraScheduler

Post by moveo_software » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:13 pm

Hi,

is there a way to automate the XtraPivotGrid (PivotGridControl) and the XtraScheduler (SchedulerControl; Appointments) by DeveloperExpress?

Regards,
Ramon

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:52 am

Hi Ramon,

Using the common way the currently available version does not support the automation of PivotGridControl and XtraScheduler. Nevertheless, you can try to automate that type of control using InvokeMethod or InvokeRemotely to retrieve serializable data from your application under test. Maybe you could ask the developers of your application to provide methods or properties for your needs in test automation.

If you need more information on the methods mentioned above, please read the following blog:
http://www.ranorex.com/blog/transfering ... et-control

kind regards,

Christoph
Ranorex Support Team

moveo_software

Post by moveo_software » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi Christoph,

thanks for your reply. For now we'll do it the way you described (Invoke... and providing some props). But what's with future versions of ranorex?

Best regards,
Ramon

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:26 pm

There are two possibilites that support for the DeveloperExpress XtraPivotGrid and XtraScheduler controls will improve in the future:
  • DeveloperExpress improves their MSAA support for XtraPivotGrid and
    XtraScheduler (to the same level as all their other controls have)
  • Demand for automating these two controls is so high that we implement a special plugin for these two controls
I don't know what DeveloperExpress is about to do on the first possibility, but I must say that the second possibility (a special plugin for these two DeveloperExpress controls) is currently not on our roadmap.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

moveo_software

Post by moveo_software » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi Alex,

ok, thanks for the information.
I will submit a feature request on DevExpress-SupportCenter and later I'll post the results in this thread.

Best regards,
Ramon

moveo_software

Post by moveo_software » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi folks,

a few days ago I've posted my request in the DeveloperExpress-SupportCenter.
They will implement the MSAA support for the PivotGridControl but not for the SchedulerControl.
For details watch the two links:

XtraScheduler: http://devexpress.com/support/center/p/S131115.aspx
XtraPivotGrid: http://devexpress.com/support/center/p/S31851.aspx

I'll do a post in this thread, when they've implemented the MSAA support.

Best regards,
Ramon

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:07 pm

moveo_software wrote:They will implement the MSAA support for the PivotGridControl
Good to hear that, looking forward to testing the next DeveloperExpress version :-)

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

Pavlo

Re: DeveloperExpress XtraPivotGrid and XtraScheduler

Post by Pavlo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 am

Hi all

I want to join and add one more vote for having support for SchedulerControl (devexpress).

Are there any changes in Ranorex from 2009?
It's 3 years passed and may be SchedulerControl is already supported and I just don't have required plug-in :)

-re
Pavlo

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Pavlo wrote:I want to join and add one more vote for having support for SchedulerControl (devexpress).
Actually, this thread came to the conclusion that DevExpress is going to add MSAA support for their controls. Then the controls are automatically supported by Ranorex.
Consequently, please update to the latest DevExpress version to see which controls are now recognized by Ranorex.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Team

Pavlo

Post by Pavlo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 am

Hi

I'm trying to do InvokeRemotely to access appointments from SchedulerControl and got very strange error messages in Ranorex Studio.
This error appears in output window when I compile solution.

Does anybody know how can I fix that?
And code-completion is not working for DevExpress.XtraScheduler namespace (I believe it's caused by this error)

Code: Select all

Build started.
Compiling IBMSTest
Build finished successfully. (00:00:03.7967049)
Error loading code-completion information for DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v10.1 from p:\WC\IBMS\trunk\CS\AutomationTests\IBMSTest\IBMSTest\3rdParty\DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v10.1.dll:
Error loading assembly:
System.ArgumentException: Destination array is not long enough to copy all the items in the collection. Check array index and length.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.BitConverter.ToInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.AddAttributes(IProjectContent pc, IList`1 list, CustomAttributeCollection attributes)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilClass.AddProperty(String defaultMemberName, PropertyDefinition property)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilClass.InitMembers(TypeDefinition type)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilClass..ctor(ICompilationUnit compilationUnit, IClass declaringType, TypeDefinition td, String fullName)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilProjectContent.AddTypes(TypeDefinitionCollection types)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilProjectContent..ctor(String fullName, String fileName, DomAssemblyName[] referencedAssemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, ProjectContentRegistry registry)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.LoadAssembly(String fileName, ProjectContentRegistry registry)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.ProjectContentRegistry.LoadProjectContent(String itemInclude, String itemFileName)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.ProjectContentRegistry.GetProjectContentForReference(String itemInclude, String itemFileName)
Error loading code-completion information for DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v10.1.Core from p:\WC\IBMS\trunk\CS\AutomationTests\IBMSTest\IBMSTest\3rdParty\DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v10.1.Core.dll:
Error loading assembly:
System.ArgumentException: Destination array is not long enough to copy all the items in the collection. Check array index and length.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.BitConverter.ToInt32(Byte[] value, Int32 startIndex)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.AddAttributes(IProjectContent pc, IList`1 list, CustomAttributeCollection attributes)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilClass.AddProperty(String defaultMemberName, PropertyDefinition property)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilClass.InitMembers(TypeDefinition type)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilClass..ctor(ICompilationUnit compilationUnit, IClass declaringType, TypeDefinition td, String fullName)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilProjectContent.AddTypes(TypeDefinitionCollection types)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.CecilProjectContent..ctor(String fullName, String fileName, DomAssemblyName[] referencedAssemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, ProjectContentRegistry registry)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CecilReader.LoadAssembly(String fileName, ProjectContentRegistry registry)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.ProjectContentRegistry.LoadProjectContent(String itemInclude, String itemFileName)
   at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.ProjectContentRegistry.GetProjectContentForReference(String itemInclude, String itemFileName)

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi,

It seems to be a problem with the code completion as Ranorex Studio cannot parse the DLL.
In order to analyze the issue in detail we would need the specific DLL, could you post it here or send it to [email protected]?
Please also tell use which Ranorex version is in use.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

Pavlo

Post by Pavlo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi

Error happens on Ranorex 3.2.3 and we are going to upgrade to v3.3 soon.

There are 3 dll's that gives me those errors:
  • DevExpress.Data.v10.1.dll
    DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v10.1.dll
    DevExpress.XtraScheduler.v10.1.Core.dll
I've also sent them to [email protected].

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi,

we were able to reproduce your issue and are going to fix it with our next release.
Thanks for reporting.

Regards,
Tobias
Ranorex Team