DevExpress XtraGrid questions - again...

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
Ciege

DevExpress XtraGrid questions - again...

Post by Ciege » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:10 am

Can you explain how Ranorex 1.5 & 2.0 is able to access the data within a DevExpress XtraGrid? I verified that the RanorexSpy can see the data of a DevExpress XtraGrid v8.2 demo application but cannot see the data in an XtraGrid v2.x in our AUT.

With you explanation as to how you are able to get the data in the v8 grid I want to see if I can extend that code in C# or if I need to add something to a AUT grid code to expose the data in the AUT. I've been working with the Microsoft UI Automation framework but have as of yet been unable to access the data in the grid of our AUT.

Thanks,
Chris...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:33 pm

Can you explain how Ranorex 1.5 & 2.0 is able to access the data within a DevExpress XtraGrid?
In this case we use MSAA (Microsoft Active Accessibility) to get information from the control. I think DevExpress XtraGrid v8.2 supports this technology, but XtraGrid v2.x does not.
... if I need to add something to a AUT grid code to expose the data in the AUT
I think this will be necessary, what kind of application is your AUT?
Managed, unmanaged code? .NET, C++, MFC, VB, ?
Which programming language do you use?

Jenö
Ranorex Team

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:43 pm

I think this will be necessary, what kind of application is your AUT?
Managed, unmanaged code? .NET, C++, MFC, VB, ?
Which programming language do you use?
This is managed code using C#. The grid is a DevExpress v2.x customized grid. We are using this in our current AUT with plans to move to the new v8.2 DevExpress grid in the future. So in the future I should be able to do the automation I want to do, but I am trying to solve the now. If Ranorex can solve the now or at least help me solve the now by adding code to our AUT I will then know that Ranorex is the solution for me for now and going into the future.

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject. I come from a long past as a test automation engineer but am just now getting into C# development and may not know the right questions to ask. So far I appreciate the help you have provided. Your quick responses coupled with the technical savvy of the responses is going a long way in helping me determine that Ranorex is the product for us.

Thank you!
Chris...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:55 pm

This is managed code using C#. The grid is a DevExpress v2.x customized grid.
OK, in this case please read the following blog:

http://www.ranorex.com/blog/making-3rd- ... automation

Please consider that this works only with V1.5 at the moment, but not with the V2.0 Preview.

Jenö
Ranorex Team

Ciege

Post by Ciege » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:01 pm

OK, in this case please read the following blog:

http://www.ranorex.com/blog/making-3rd- ... automation

Please consider that this works only with V1.5 at the moment, but not with the V2.0 Preview.
Thank you. I will go through this with my development team and see what we can come up with.

Chris...