Device visible but no Instrumented Apps

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
houseofcutler

Device visible but no Instrumented Apps

Post by houseofcutler » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:25 pm

My android device is visible but no apps are listed even though they appear on the device.

I am using a Samsung S3 running Android 4.3
Ranorex Service has been installed v 1.5.0

The KeePassDroid demo application has been installed using the instrumentation wizard
An Application of our own has been deployed manually after manual instrumentation (not sure if this was 100% successful though)

Both apps are visible within the Ranorex Service App on the phone.

In Ranorex Studio and or device manager I can see the device and its details listed, however no applications are listed.

When attempting to connect to the device using the studio I get the message: "Failed to retrieve apps from the Device. Please check the device status"

Developer mode is enabled - USB Debugging is enabled, Verify Apps via USB has been un-ticked
The Google USB driver has been installed

If anyone has any ideas I would be very great full as I have been looking into this for a while now without success.

Thanks in advance

Ben

krstcs

Re: Device visible but no Instrumented Apps

Post by krstcs » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Have you tried starting up the apps and checking if Ranorex can see them then?

I don't do mobile yet, but my understanding was that the Ranorex service couldn't start the apps, it could only see them after they were running, if they were properly instrumented. But I could be completely wrong. :D
Shortcuts usually aren't...

houseofcutler

Post by houseofcutler » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank you for your reply krstcs,

I have tried this with both the Keypass app and our own - In Studio it strill shows as No Apps running and nothing under instrumented apps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Hello houseofcutler,

Please ensure that no security tool (Norton, Avast, etc.) is blocking the communication to the device.
Please send the adb.log from your device to: [email protected]
SaveADBLog.png
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dennis

Post by Dennis » Tue May 27, 2014 7:46 am

Hi,

I'm facing the exact same issue.
Is there already a general resolution found for this, or do I also have to send the adb.log?

Thanks