Different browsers

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
strannik

Different browsers

Post by strannik » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Hi,
I'm testing web application with different browsers (IE, Fire Fox and Chrome). Recording was done over IE.
I need to select the same button on all of them, IE and Fire Fox don't have any problems except Chrome.
In Chrome script doesn't select the button.

RanoreXPath reads like this:

IE and Fire Fox - Base: /dom[@domain='qa.caasco.com'] GetAQuote .//div[#'middlewide']/div[3]//img[@alt='Get a Quote']

Chrome - Base: /form[@title~'^Travel\Health\\Medical\I'] Element 155514240 element[@controlid='155514240']

Please see an attachment for more details.
If you need more info please let me know. If you have the solution please provide step by step explanation.
I'm a very new to Ranorex.

Thank you.
Attachments
button to select.PNG
button to select.PNG (10.95 KiB) Viewed 832 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Different browsers

Post by Support Team » Fri May 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Hello strannik,

May I ask which version of Ranroex and which version of Chrome are you using?
Can you please check if the Ranorex plugin is enabled in Chrome? Can you find a dom object in Ranorex Spy for website shown in Chrome?
If yes please check if the button can be found within the dom object.

Regards,
Bernhard

mzperix

Re: Different browsers

Post by mzperix » Tue May 06, 2014 11:51 am

Hi strannik,

If you openthe Spy with a browser opened, then there should be a /dom that represents the webpage, and a /form, that represents the browser application.

As you can see, in the repository, a /form is created, that represents the Chrome Browser application, and not the /dom webpage.

I've seen this behaviour regarding chrome, usually beacuse of Ranorex plugin in Chrome is out-of-date or disabled. Maybe a full restart can handle the problem also.

Regards,
Zoltan